The Combine Forum banner

860 trany problems

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  pfl 
#1 ·
does any one know how to set up the transmission brake

#2 ·
First adjust the clutch pedal free travel. On the transmission there is a rod with springs on both sides of the brake lever, loosen both sides of locknuts & with someone holding the pedal down tighten the locknuts on the back side of the lever just so the spring does not bottom out & with the pedal up tighten front side locknuts so that the brake is pushed away from the transmission.

#3 ·
so on my trany I don't have a rod with any springs on it, what there is ,is a large shaft on the side of trany facing the tire, on the shaft is the fork for the release bearing, then theres another fork or finger that actuates the trany brake, I wonder if theres not a sprag clutch or a one way clutch in that fork, cause to get the trany brake to work I take a bare an pull the fork out and the brake will the will work for a while then it slowly starts not working aging

#4 ·
There is a one way bearing in there. First undo the bolt in the transmission brake then adjust your clutch so theres 3/16" of freeplay on the release bearing I believe is the spec. If your transmission brake linkage does not line up tap the bearing to the right on the shaft.(It's tapered) Install bolt and finish up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.