The Combine Forum banner

Dania D8500 (or MF31)

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  daniad8500 
#1 ·

At home we have bought a used Dania D8500 (or a MF 31) built by dronningborg. I'm looking for some more information about a problem with it.
We have some problems with the cleaning unit drive, it broke down a few times. The first time the frame where it was mounted on on one side was broken so we fixed this but after a while the other side broke also and was fixed.
Then while working the bairing of one side broke this time into pieces.
So we decided to open her up but before doeing this i tought of asking it here, theire might be some experts on it.
I will post the mechanical drawing also soon and a few photos of where it broke and was fixed.

Greetings

See less See more
#4 ·
Well they told me that it was so because this model was only imported by Case in Belgium and the Netherlands. So it are only the stickers that are different.
But the first photo isn't our one but she looks just the same, but she is in the hangar now and it's hard to take a full picture.
It should be a MF31XP.

#7 ·
I would think if the bearings or bushings that the sieves (shoe) hangs on have looseness or play in them or don't turn properly, that could be the problem. We had a combine that had many bearings go out many years ago because someone (perhaps the dealer) steamed off the combine and got water inside the sealed bearings. We have an IH that I couldn't find bushings for to fit inside the hanger from which the shoe hangs when shaking. Made my own and drilled grease holes in it. Doesn't work perfectly because eventually it will break the bolts that hold on the metal hanger attatched to the frame that holds the greased bushings which allow the sieves to shake. I now have a parts combine I bought so I can probably take the parts off of it. Sometimes in harvest, when we can't take the time to overhaul the combine, we will punch or drill a hole in the side of a bearing and pump grease into it with a needle point. My dad made his first one by brazing a zerk grease nipple onto a needle used to inflate sports balls. He has one old antique IH combine with a Hesston chopper(from the 60's) on it that Dad greases the chopper bearing on twice a day when he uses the combine. Has run for years like that.

#9 ·
Yes, we think so to. We have already repaced the 2 hardest ones but their are still 8 other rubbers that have to be replaced on the shaker.
But we think it's also a little bit a weak spot of this serie, we have seen an other one at the dealer and she had been broken and was fixed also on both sides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.