2Likes
  • 1 Post By paul weber
  • 1 Post By Gleanermechanic340

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2013 mt575d

Hey guys, looking at getting a MT575D with the techstarCVT for a loader tractor. Haven't ever ran a challenger at all. Looking for the good and bad on these models. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1256 Post(s)
I have a 555E with the CVT, which is the Fendt CVT same as the model you describe. That transmission is easily the best one out there and far exceeds the offerings from other companies. The only thing I don't like is the tractor must be stopped to shift between the low and high ranges, high range basically just allows tractor to go full road speed. Not a big deal but CNH allowed you to shift on fly. Controls are slowly coming to me as I am used to CNH loader tractors. It is a nice quiet tractor, good on fuel and reliability had been very good on 500 series from research I have done. My main complaint so far is that I would like to see a cup/cell phone holder on the right side of the cab.

One thing you might or might not like is depending on trim level of cab two of the electro-hydraulic valves run through the joystick, and you need to toggle a switch to go from loader to rear valves and back. Mine still has two valves on the console so you aren't without rear hydraulics while using loader, this is the way I am using it on the snowblower now. When doing things like picking stones and on the big conveyor we use the joystick to run those functions like hydraulic hitch and grill height on picker and steering on conveyor, love that! Usually loader not used much during those jobs but when it is just flick the switch.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. This one I think is a premium cab. Has 2 joysticks on the armrest.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Sw man did you try and hold the button to switch gears on the fly. Our Fendt will switch on the fly if you push and hold the button for a few seconds. If you just push it it won't do it maybe it's a Fendt thing
SWMan likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul weber View Post
Sw man did you try and hold the button to switch gears on the fly. Our Fendt will switch on the fly if you push and hold the button for a few seconds. If you just push it it won't do it maybe it's a Fendt thing
Could be, I will try that soon. Thank you! I am still very much learning the tractor. I am typically one of those guys that just gets stuff going and leaves it, but this tractor does several varied tasks so I need to get it figured out.

My console looks like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170107_160945.jpg (530.9 KB, 26 views)

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I know on my AGCO RT120A which is the same CVT tranny just older, you can hit the road in low range and while gently accelerating hit the high range button and it will shift. You still have to stop to shift down to low though. Speaking from the point of working on these tractor for a living when not farming they are good machines, engines have been reliable for years, no major issues. The CVT tranny for loader work and haying is the best, I can't go back to a power shift, I had to run a loaner for 3 month a couple years ago and was glad to get mine back. Haven't had any CVT failures at our shop, electronics have been good too. Emissions issues have been the only thing we have dealt with on a couple machines and they are hopefully getting that all solved now. Having worked on and operated these machines and then bounced around in the cab of customers new case tractors especially, there is no comparison in my opinion you won't be sorry.
SWMan likes this.

Nothing runs like a DEERE
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, away from my AGCO.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

So I'm waiting to get it home. Hopefully sometime tomorrow. I noticed it has the 2 big joysticks. One for loader and the other isnt the typical t-bar. Would it be considered a premium then? It doesn't have the electric scv's on the right fender.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Anyone have an idea why the park light would stay on in the tractor even once the park switch is unlocked on the left hand reverser? It makes it so I can't switch the 4wd on or off too. I can hear the park brake click off when I unlock it, just the light stays on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page