My first Claas thread - The Combine Forum

191Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1568 Post(s)
My first Claas thread

I've slipped this news a bit in other threads but for those that don't know yet I bought a 780tt. This was not something I planned out in advance, it was actually a last minute decision as we could be going to the field in a couple weeks! Rain just won't stop here it seems and fields are quite soft in many areas, so there had to be tracks one way or another. I decided on a Claas TT after a bit of hair-pulling! I hope I don't regret trading away the best combine I have ever owned(by far) but AgWest and Claas assure me that the Lexion will be a suitable replacement. I know from demoing most brands 2 years ago that both yellow machines stand head-and-shoulders above other brands.

That said, I now need to make this thing as productive as I can. It is a 2015 so it has most, if not all the current new features available. I was at the combine clinic today and they gave settings and such, I have access to other smart farmers in that regard too. One thing that is available now is a serrated wear edge for the center of the impeller which should help for my soybeans and maybe canola. Has wear kit and V-kit installed. Will be running a 40' Honeybee Air-flex header on it.

I guess I am wondering if there is any tricks or tips on what to expect or prepare for on a big 700 series Claas? Should I carry certain tools or parts with me? I plan to build a hockey stick holder to clean out stone trap and put my home-made $45 crop catcher on the P/U header. Anything else?

In this deal I am getting $4500 of Claas parts to have on hand, any idea which parts are a must have? I have the anti-plug feature so APS belts won't be as common I am told.

Any useful info would be appreciated. Here she is.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg _20160715_234934.JPG (93.2 KB, 200 views)
onlyred, X80, Transaxial and 2 others like this.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Congrats on the new purchase. Hope it performs even above expectations.

SWMan likes this.

When life gives you lemons
Break out the Tequila
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Do you still have one NH?

When life gives you lemons
Break out the Tequila
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V876 View Post
Do you still have one NH?
No, it would be fun to do a season long comparison for sure! Actually my trade is still on the yard here so maybe they will let me rent it until it sells...

I had sold one of the two NH's this spring, planning to do it all with just one. This is only possible because of the short and long season crops we are growing now. The fact that these machines have incredible capacity helps too. However getting stuck was not in my plans. I was gonna get tracks on the next machine I bought regardless, even if it was a CR.....hadn't planned to trade for a year or two though. Weather seems to throw a wrench into the best laid plans....

Orlando A. Battista
post #5 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Did you do much looking into the NH track assembly? Mazergroup doesn't seem to know anything about it when I asked, wondering if they just use the same one as Case? Claas is definitely on top if you want tracks.

I knew once Dean had you on swather, tractor, sprayer, the combine was only a matter of time haha.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
post #6 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 01:04 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3190 Post(s)
Hey congrats SWMan!
Does it have 4WD?
Hydraulic header pitch?
I'm sure it has Cruise Pilot and CEMOS Automatic?
Which auto steer/display?
C motion handle?
Variable feeder drive?

Happy 150th Canada!
post #7 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Those Agwest guys are persistent Is that your 2013 macdon with a 40ft head on it and Degelman packer at Neepawa?
post #8 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 01:12 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3190 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hildebrand View Post
Claas is definitely on top if you want tracks.
The only one with a suspension, flat for machine access, integrated into to a frame designed only for tracks at half the price of all the rest.
Yeah, a bit of an edge.

Happy 150th Canada!
post #9 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Hildebrand View Post
Did you do much looking into the NH track assembly? Mazergroup doesn't seem to know anything about it when I asked, wondering if they just use the same one as Case? Claas is definitely on top if you want tracks.

I knew once Dean had you on swather, tractor, sprayer, the combine was only a matter of time haha.
Near as I can tell you can order a set of tracks on a NA built NH but only get track ready from Belgium, but don't take that to the bank. I find it hard to believe all these other companies aren't chasing Claas somehow on the track setup, these machines are so heavy! Mazers had nothing on tracks so it would have been aftermarket and down to 11-12mph top end. You might be interested in the set of frip-tracks at Corner Equipment with JD hubs if it keeps raining.

Jason I was gonna hold out and stick with NH on the combine, really was pleased with them. They will get a shot next time around...

Orlando A. Battista
post #10 of 874 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 547 Post(s)
My current Deere combines have horrible compaction but its not actually that wet out there. I just sprayed some aphids a couple days ago, tires didn't really even get mud on them. Not ready to panic yet.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page