What changes/improvements would like to see on your Claas? - Page 5 - The Combine Forum

19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meskie View Post
we put one of those michels crop catchers on ours and it made a world of difference while picking up swaths. From a foot or more on there after a 1/4 to virtually nothing also seemed to keep dust off the window better
I built a screened catcher for about $30 of material for the pickup header, it helped. With the Airflex straight header it was mostly leaves floating around and landing on the feeder house as well as the ever-present dust cloud. Rotaries don't have this issue and I'm not sure how to resolve this on a cylinder machine but that little dust fan in the feeder is basically good for nothing from what I can tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V876 View Post
This is a very minor complaint but how about a proper sized lighter plug not one as loose as a over used woman that works street corners.
There is a solution for this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160827_140948552.jpg (717.2 KB, 72 views)
V876 likes this.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
I havent had issue with the 12 volt plug being loose. I think if you have something plugged in and tilt the armrest up, and then get off of the air seat, the arm rest can come up and possibly unplug or break whatever is plugged in.

This was my first year for an air bar. It created more trash on the feeder house than normal. I once fully raised the header at the headland to clear something in the field. As doing so I heard a loud snap. The trash cracked the lower cab shield.I was able to reposition the shield to make the crack nearly invisible. While talking to All State Ag Parts, I brought this up and they said they seldom get one in that isn't cracked, or it is sold quickly if it is good. So, FYI, don't fully raise feeder with a lot of material on it.

I would think the MAV chopper would/could be made to suck more air from the feederhouse, and then use that air to project the straw better.

glen_lloyd likes this.
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:22 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post

There is a solution for this.
That should be included with every purchase. Looks like it could double as an interior light.

When life gives you lemons
Break out the Tequila
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by V876 View Post
That should be included with every purchase. Looks like it could double as an interior light.
It should be, and it does.

Seedcleaner you likely are well aware that to do a header calibration you must lift the feeder all the way and hold for a few seconds...twice! I'll bet that does in a pile of those cab shields. Oh, and that reminds me, find a way to eliminate the rubbing of that front plastic panel on the window...

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Yes, the header cal sure needs two raised occurrences. This year, due to a very good initial cal, I never touched it again after going to the field. Blocking the bottom of the feeder off the ground when the height potentiometers were bottomed out did the trick. Very good response and very good lowering characteristics.
My shield doesn't rub or make noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page