"The corn monster" Lexion 600 - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 10:58 PM   #31 (permalink)

Default Re: "The corn monster" Lexion 600

I'm from Southeastern Manitoba Canada, kinzepower. I worked at the local deere dealer for 10 years and just recently started my own repair business, specializing in deere combines.

No, this does not apply to the 9760. It has the smaller sheaves. But i've had good luck with the newest part # of belt for the 9750/60. It's contructed like the one for the 9860, which is a superior design.
greentech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2006, 09:05 PM   #32 (permalink)

I would put a 570R up against most any color class 8 machine on the market and run with them all day long and put the same amount and in some instances more crop in the bun in the same amount of time. As for the 590R, get real, big farms can handle the grain. I have a friend that owns a 590R, he runs high moisture corn to a feedlot 10 miles away. 2 1000 bushel carts and 10 semi's keep the machine moving. And 260 acres a day are run over with the 590R. I helped run grain cart for a weekend and the 2 carts run their -sses off.
harsh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2006, 08:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Harsh ....What dealer do you deal with?.....Your buddy?

Big farmers?....What do you consider big? The guy I referred to farms 15,000 + acres. He is the biggest around here. I know there are guys bigger, but I consider this to big.

10 semis?????? I thought it took 35 to keep up with a 575??????

260 acres a day???? How big are your fields? I'll bet you you couldn't do that much here..... ....It ain't no way you could here....You would have to move at least 3 times , if you had big fields here.

You can run your a** off in 2 1,000 bu carts with a 8010 too....
cowgirlchaser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Does anyone get the see the comparison of stories of Lexion/Cat combines to a big fish story? Maybe a Big Buck story? You know the one that got away......That fish was this BIG !!!!!......That Bucks rack was this BIG !!!!! This combine is this BIG !!!!!.......This combine will do 5,500 bupa....no....6,000 ....no.....6,500....no....It takes 10 semis....no...20..... no.....35....no....They get bigger and bigger and bigger.

Answer me one question.......If they are that big & bad then why aren't you done yet??????

Sorry just had to say it.......
Old 10-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

LOL, Big A!

Actually, you are so right about the greater need for support vehicles as combines get either bigger or just bigger in capacity.
Yes, MX240, I also totally agree about having those adequate vehicles for whatever size combine one chooses to run.
It just doesn't make sense to go out and buy the world's largest combine unless he/she also has either purchased, leased or hired enough semis and grain carts to keep the crop moved from the combine.
combiness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2006, 08:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

Big A, my friend has to get 24 130 acre circles of corn in for the feedlot between 28% and 35% moisture so it can be ground and put in a pit. The window of opportunity to get this done is not very long, at best 2 weeks, so lots of capacity is a necessity. If we grew 145 bpa corn here we would be out of business in short order, if it isn't 200+ a person might as well have a auction. Pumping costs, fertilizer costs add up here fast. We have to irrigate our crops and the sprinklers never stop. Yes the fields are circles and when one gets finished move to the next one that is right next to it and never stop. The trucks are making a 20 mile round trip, lines at the feedlot, etc. yes MX270 keeping the combine moving is the key. Only had one breakdown this season, a row unit gearbox, the dealer had a unit on hand and were running in 2 hours.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:31 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:I would put a 570R up against most any color class 8 machine on the market and run with them all day long and put the same amount and in some instances more crop in the bun in the same amount of time. As for the 590R, get real, big farms can handle the grain. I have a friend that owns a 590R, he runs high moisture corn to a feedlot 10 miles away. 2 1000 bushel carts and 10 semi's keep the machine moving. And 260 acres a day are run over with the 590R. I helped run grain cart for a weekend and the 2 carts run their -sses off.

Can't agree with ya on all class 8's, but the 9860 I rode in tonight was doing what our 575 was doing all season, so Ill back ya up on that one.........Haven't experience the 8010 or agco's yet............Will get back to ya some other year.
b575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2006, 12:39 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:Does anyone get the see the comparison of stories of Lexion/Cat combines to a big fish story? Maybe a Big Buck story? You know the one that got away......That fish was this BIG !!!!!......That Bucks rack was this BIG !!!!! This combine is this BIG !!!!!.......This combine will do 5,500 bupa....no....6,000 ....no.....6,500....no....It takes 10 semis....no...20..... no.....35....no....They get bigger and bigger and bigger.

Answer me one question.......If they are that big & bad then why aren't you done yet??????

Sorry just had to say it.......

Been done picking for a week, been great visiting others and riding in their pickers, still trying to track down an 8010 to ride in...........There are none around me, heard you could only get parts and service in MD.
b575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2006, 07:39 AM   #39 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Harsh
No doubt I'll have to agree about irrigated corn. If you can't get 200+ its not worth it. You say they grind the corn right away? Must be a big grinder. Around here farmers put high moisture right into there harvestore silos. Then they grind it as they need it. No dairy or feedlots that big here though. The biggest dairy milks like around 2,000 cows.

B575
I've heard a few other places other than MD.... ...But that there is a yellow force field around Renville, Mn..... .....
Old 10-28-2006, 11:08 AM   #40 (permalink)

I live in Northern Colorado just East of the Rocky Mountains 10 miles, an average dairy is around 2500 head, we have 5 new dairy's being built in the next 12 months here, (most coming from California) and one is expanding to milk 9000 head and several are expanding to 4500 6000 head. Feed is getting hard to find for these guys, the city growth has taken a lot of water for irrigation, 450 wells shut down after the crops were planted. Was a sad sight to see crops dry up and whither away, but most had an OK amount of water to get by. Hope it snows lots in the mountains so we don't have to kill a few more area farmers next year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.