Brent vs Elmer's - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2016, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Brent vs Elmer's

We are thinking of upgrading our grain cart and are debating between a Brent 2096 on tracks and an Elmer's 2000 on tracks. Just wondering if there is any issues with either of these two? Or if one is a superior cart. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
No issues with the Elmer's cart here, been using various ones for 6 years now I believe. Had Brent before but it was on tires. Only issues with it were related to axles and the steering mechanism. I like how the Brent auger lifted higher up but the Elmer's cleans out better. Depending on where you are from there could well be a big price difference because of currency exchange. That's what made my mind up because I wouldn't call one better than the other based on quality/reliability/etc.

Welcome to the forum!

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks! The Elmer's one is quite a bit cheaper than the Brent which kind of made me wonder if there is a quality difference or something like that. We have never had an Elmer's so it's nice to hear from other guys who have!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
We have never had a Brent. We have run an 1100 bu Elmers for 2 years now and I would say quality is execellent. Our neighbor had one of the first Elmers 2000 and it had an issue where the hitch broke between the tractor and the grain box while travelling in the field. I believe the company sent out a welder right away to get them going again. The hitch looks heavier on the new ones so they must have built heavier after that. The neighbor is still running Elmers carts if that says anything (and they had a borgault and a Brent before).
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
IDk about the newer brents, but on a 800 and a 1000 bushel Avalanche cart at work (I believe both were 84 series?) the auger support broke out from the bin wall. We are encouraged to run them hard though to keep up.

IMO advertised capacity must be heaped and not level, still takes two trips to get the truck full which IMO is a huge waste of time.

So while I dont have any experience with other modern 2 auger carts, and Brent still makes a good cart, I would not fear looking at others.

Our farm purchases a combine soley on its ability to do an excellent job in all of our crops, while being fuel efficient, reliable, ruggedly built, and easy to repair. That is why we choose a Gleaner.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:49 PM
WCS

Do any of You guys know how many pounds of canola can a elmers haul master 2000 hold ?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCS View Post
Do any of You guys know how many pounds of canola can a elmers haul master 2000 hold ?
Really depends on bushel weight. I would say you wouldn't get rated capacity unloading on the go or with the tarp closed.

You looking to get a b-train worth on there? Location?

Orlando A. Battista
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:29 PM

I have a 1600 Elmer's now and can load my high-side Wilson triaxles right full, which would be 35 tonnes approximately this fall. 2000 bushel cart is just 6" higher, otherwise the same.

EDIT: That is with cart pretty full but still on-the-go. Canola a bit light this year too.

Orlando A. Battista
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:07 AM
WCS

Yes looking for for a big super b load . 45 ton 1950 -2000 bushel canola
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCS View Post
Yes looking for for a big super b load . 45 ton 1950 -2000 bushel canola
Maybe somebody else will chime in that loads super-b's with one, but I think 45 tonne would be very a full cart of canola.

I do know the Elmer's was closer to rated bushels than Brent, I had a Brent previously(they must use the American bushel...) Might get more than 2000 of heavy wheat on an Elmer's.

Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page