The Combine Forum banner

Brent vs Elmer's

15K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Jeffrey Vaughn 
#1 ·
We are thinking of upgrading our grain cart and are debating between a Brent 2096 on tracks and an Elmer's 2000 on tracks. Just wondering if there is any issues with either of these two? Or if one is a superior cart. Thanks.

#2 ·
No issues with the Elmer's cart here, been using various ones for 6 years now I believe. Had Brent before but it was on tires. Only issues with it were related to axles and the steering mechanism. I like how the Brent auger lifted higher up but the Elmer's cleans out better. Depending on where you are from there could well be a big price difference because of currency exchange. That's what made my mind up because I wouldn't call one better than the other based on quality/reliability/etc.

Welcome to the forum!:smile:

#4 ·
We have never had a Brent. We have run an 1100 bu Elmers for 2 years now and I would say quality is execellent. Our neighbor had one of the first Elmers 2000 and it had an issue where the hitch broke between the tractor and the grain box while travelling in the field. I believe the company sent out a welder right away to get them going again. The hitch looks heavier on the new ones so they must have built heavier after that. The neighbor is still running Elmers carts if that says anything (and they had a borgault and a Brent before).

#5 ·
IDk about the newer brents, but on a 800 and a 1000 bushel Avalanche cart at work (I believe both were 84 series?) the auger support broke out from the bin wall. We are encouraged to run them hard though to keep up.

IMO advertised capacity must be heaped and not level, still takes two trips to get the truck full which IMO is a huge waste of time.

So while I dont have any experience with other modern 2 auger carts, and Brent still makes a good cart, I would not fear looking at others.

#7 ·
Really depends on bushel weight. I would say you wouldn't get rated capacity unloading on the go or with the tarp closed.

You looking to get a b-train worth on there? Location?

#8 ·
I have a 1600 Elmer's now and can load my high-side Wilson triaxles right full, which would be 35 tonnes approximately this fall. 2000 bushel cart is just 6" higher, otherwise the same.

EDIT: That is with cart pretty full but still on-the-go. Canola a bit light this year too.

#10 ·
Maybe somebody else will chime in that loads super-b's with one, but I think 45 tonne would be very a full cart of canola.

I do know the Elmer's was closer to rated bushels than Brent, I had a Brent previously(they must use the American bushel...) Might get more than 2000 of heavy wheat on an Elmer's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.