Old CASE tractors - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: Old CASE tractors

Thank you guys and nice 930 rusty. I bought this tractor this spring and gave 3500 dollors for it. It has got us out of a pinch several times this spring putting beans in the ground the Power Shift went out of our 2390 and we had no other tractor to put on the grain drill. So I would say that it is a good tractor. I also have an 1170 that has a bad engine.
farmerson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2008, 12:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
jhh

Farmerson, You got the link up, now click on it and when the page with the picture comes up, at the right where it lists "Image Links", right click on the one that says "IMG Code", that should highlight it, then click "copy", now go to the massage box and right click and click "paste". Like this.
Now before you post it click "Preview" and make sure it is right and the text is where you want it.
Hey, nice 1030!
jhh is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #23 (permalink)

Makar CASE tractors use 60% LESS fuel than most others. They also have MORE torque than most other tractors. We have ran Case tractors for years with power shift trans. We have had ONE go out. They have there up's and down's but are Good tractors. We have 7 of them and one just happens to be MY 1030 pictured above. The Case tractors are bullet proof we had a 1370 that had a knock in the engine that ran for 8 years and is still running to this day. Just wondering do you farm and what all tractors do you use. Have you ever ran a Case?
Sorry if I came across rude but don't down tractors that people have been raised on. This is just my opinion on this. I think they are the best tractor in the world you don't. We also have done side by side's with a JD 4020 and a 930. The 930 plow more acres than the 4020 before it needed fuel and pulled harder. You are saying the 930 is a larger tractor. Yes it is but it still uses Less fuel than a 4020. So like I said don't come in downing tractors that people know and love. Sorry if I was rude but this is my opinion.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #24 (permalink)

here is a pic of our fleet.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Gee people , 1030 was poor tractor, a powered up 930, not much. These tractors sold well here and almost broke ther owners. The 70 series was not much for the best part. My uncle took two diffs out of a 1570 pullig a 5-16 plow and harrows. Not much love here if the tractor had to actually pull something.
makar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #26 (permalink)

hey everybody,,,farmerson,you forgot to mention the fact that we dont have as much money in all of them that we would have in a decent used magnum,,,now dont get me wrong ,,some day we hope to have a line of magnums like that. but the bottom line is these will and always have done the job for us.and as crazy as the fertilizer and grain markets are ,i think we will just keep runnin these old cases. thanks farmer2...
farmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 01:52 AM   #27 (permalink)

Yes i had a 1175, it was junk but not the tractors fault, bought it that way. Had a old 830, good. Have uncles who ran only case, they were all good until the 1030. They bought two, one they still have and the other made more miles on the road to get fixed than in the field. The 1030 had the same drivetrain as the 930 and could not handle the power. All the 70 series had ps and rearend issues. My cousin almost died when a 1030 jumped out of gear up a hill hauling bales. His dad later told me a good 1030 is still worth 10k. I told him how do find a good used one when they were no good used, it almost killed your boy. He is the same uncle that spent his time on the road and not in the field. As i said tractors work hard here. My neighbor hooked a good load to a new 1370 and ripped the planetaries that spring. I have been sitting on iron for 37 years, the first case we owned was a 500. i am not stupid. And i spend more hours on a wrench than a seat. Case horror stories are a dime a dozen here. Did i mention i have 8 uncles?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:18 AM   #28 (permalink)

Of course a die hard case man does not care no one can sit in a comfort king. You metioned a 4020, had that , hated that, but you could sit in it. The first electrolisis eating engines was in case, some were ate it 4 years. No love here and i know what i am saying. If you need a low use tractor anything good will work. The plus side is probably the worst are in the scrap yards. The hydraulics are obsoleted, the pump which was 400 is now part by part. 4000.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

oh we have had a wrench in hand afew times here to makar,but not so much on the cases. we get along real good with them,and they are so cheap that if one does die you dont feel so bad junkin a 4500 dollar tractor,but if ya got 45,000 in your tractor and have to put 10,000 in the rear end it dont feel so good but you have no choice but to fix it.the boy is real proud of his 1030,that he bought himself from savings,and im real proud to,for 14 years old id say hes doin the right thing,runnin the old cheap(and according to you)junk case tractors.we are makin a fair living with them so i think we will continue to do that. thanks farmer2.
farmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 04:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

OK Makar first a 1370 dont have planitaries that was the 1170 and 1175. Second the 1175 is a GOOD tractor. Third CASES are cheapest to buy and work on... a filter for a JD at the dealer is WAY more that a case one at the dealer. Fourth tractors are used JUST as hard here as they are there. I mean I am 14 years old and know as much as most people about tractors. I bet 50% of the tractors where ever you are at are CASE or Case IH or part of CNH Inc. we have an 1170 and 1175 and they are BOTH good tractors. Also ANY tractor will have to be worked on. So my point is just leave our case tractors alone
We have had more luck with Case tractors than any other tractors. Just because we don't have a fleet of nice shiny Deere's or newer red Case IH tractors does not mean that we can't do JUST as much or MORE as the people who do. We have these so we don't have the payments also. I have probably more hours on a tractor than most other farm kids my age. I know I have more tractors than most kids my age. So just back off a touch and leave me my family and our tractors alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.