case 9380 hydraulics - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question case 9380 hydraulics

It is my understanding that starting in 1998 the 9380 had optional high flow hydraulics available to the remotes. Does anyone know if you can add this option onto a pre 1998 9380 that did not come with it from the factory?
irrigationfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irrigationfarmer View Post
It is my understanding that starting in 1998 the 9380 had optional high flow hydraulics available to the remotes. Does anyone know if you can add this option onto a pre 1998 9380 that did not come with it from the factory?
We have a 1998 9380 and we had the same questions and the case guys told us we can't add it they never explained why but said it can't be done, said it had to be done at factory.
cnh007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)

From ASIST:

Concern Description can high flow hydraulics be added
Symptom Availability of high flow auxiliary hydraulic kit for field installation
Cause Tractor hydraulic flow is insufficient
Resolution A high-output hydraulic system is not available to install on this tractor A tractor equipped with the standard hydraulic system cannot be converted to the high output system. There is a kit available for the 9250 and 9350 tractors but this cannot be used on the following tractors.

9370*
9380*

9390*
* On the models marked with the asterisk, there are many differences between the standard and high output hydraulic systems. In the high output system, remote valve numbers one and two are supplied from the PFC pump. Remote valve numbers three and four are supplied from the charge pump. The high output system does not increase the amount of flow from any single remote section.
striker782 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
What are you trying to run with the hydraulics? Are your hydraulics not putting out enough?

Atom Jet could probably fix you up if your looking for more. It would probably be cheaper then going the OEM route anyways.

Hydraulic Systems
redgreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

put a Atom-Jet kit on a old 895 Vers, worked very well. Atom Jet is a Very nice outfit to work with.
magnum8930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreen View Post
What are you trying to run with the hydraulics? Are your hydraulics not putting out enough?

Atom Jet could probably fix you up if your looking for more. It would probably be cheaper then going the OEM route anyways.

Hydraulic Systems
Thank you for the replies. I will give some background info.
We are looking at purchasing our first set of air drills. Through some research I have determined that a used 40 ft 5710 with mrb and a 6350/6450 with dual fans to apply dry product exclusively would best meet our needs and budget. We currently own a 1996 9380 with a 24 speed synchro shift transmission in which the book says has 30 gpm flow through the remotes. I have read in the manual for the 6000 series tank that each fan would require 12 to 15 gpm to operate which may not leave enough for lifting frame in and out of the ground. Buying another tractor is NOT an option.

I have talked with various people (farmers and dealers) of whom some have said the tractor has enough hydraulics and some have said the tractor does not have enough hydraulics. Of these various farmers and dealers some have said I can put an after market pump on and some have said I cannot. Unfortunatly I cannot go on maybe/maybe not.

I will contact Atom Jet and see what they have to say.

As well it would be nice if I could here from anyone that has used a 9180/9280/9380/9170/9270/9370 on a set of airdrills with dual fans and using dry fertilizer exclusively.

Thank you!

Last edited by irrigationfarmer; 01-25-2011 at 03:26 PM.
irrigationfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

My in-inlaws had a Steiger and a 5710/5350 tank with dual fans, it required an Atom-jet pump.
redgreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Atom Jet kit

We have an Atom Jet kit on our 9370. We use a Seedmaster and the kit drives the fan (single), then the regular tractor hydraulics take care of the rest. Works great as you dont get a drop in fan speed when you lift up at the ends.
Andrew
flyingfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for the replies. I will give some background info.
We are looking at purchasing our first set of air drills. Through some research I have determined that a used 40 ft 5710 with mrb and a 6350/6450 with dual fans to apply dry product exclusively would best meet our needs and budget. We currently own a 1996 9380 with a 24 speed synchro shift transmission in which the book says has 30 gpm flow through the remotes. I have read in the manual for the 6000 series tank that each fan would require 12 to 15 gpm to operate which may not leave enough for lifting frame in and out of the ground. Buying another tractor is NOT an option.

I have talked with various people (farmers and dealers) of whom some have said the tractor has enough hydraulics and some have said the tractor does not have enough hydraulics. Of these various farmers and dealers some have said I can put an after market pump on and some have said I cannot. Unfortunatly I cannot go on maybe/maybe not.

I will contact Atom Jet and see what they have to say.

As well it would be nice if I could here from anyone that has used a 9180/9280/9380/9170/9270/9370 on a set of airdrills with dual fans and using dry fertilizer exclusively.

Thank you!
You shouldn't have any issues with your 9380 on that configuration. They told us that our 9380 didn't have the hydraulics to run a VRT flexi-coil and guess what it ran it for 2 seasons with no issues the only thing is that the fan slows down when you lift out of the ground.We put everything down dry and have had no problems, with 40 feet you won't need as much with double fans. Our until is double fan 58 foot and we still pulled it at part throttle with no issues. I think you will have no issues from personally having being been told what they are telling you, either way good luck and hopefully it all works out for you

Last edited by cnh007; 01-25-2011 at 07:53 PM.
cnh007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Plumb the two fans in series, this will cut the required flow down on the fans. The only problem that you might have with that, is in hot weather the oil might get warm. Oil Cooler maybe?
LeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.