80 to 100 PTO hp Tractor opinions? - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 80 to 100 PTO hp Tractor opinions?

Currently have a 1998 Case MX100 MFWD, Open Station with a loader and grapple that just isn't cutting it for ease of use for running a swing auger at harvest and doesn't have the visibility to the ground for moving pallets of chemical.

So I am looking for new or next to new tractors. They need to have:
-85 PTO hp to run our grain vac and a 13 inch auger someday
-Fast transport speed for moving at havest
-easy access from the ground to PTO, throttle and key switch (from one side)
-a cab with 2 doors
-loader with good visibility to the front
-540/1000 pto (preferably with a 540E as well).

Just a small wish list! The finalists are a Kubota MX100, Landini Powerfarm 105, Case IH 95U, Deere 5105M.

Anything else I should be looking at or staying away from?

Diverse crop rotation, increased residue retention and minimized tillage will increase yield and crop health more than anything we can spray or spread at litres or pounds per acre.

http://andgronomy.blogspot.ca/
kirschenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

What about a NH T5060?

Quote:
-a cab with 2 doors
-90 hp on the PTO
-25+ mph road speed
-You would have to be seated to start tractor due to the safety sh!t, but you can engage PTO from the rear of the tractor as well as access the other controls from right hand door.
-Its got two doors.
-The loader we have is good (NH). Self levels with decent visibilty, I have used it to load/unload 1000L totes of glyphosate.
-All those PTO's are available.

That the only relatively new tractor of that size that I have any experience with. That is why I mentioned it. Our T5050 has been a good tractor.
redgreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

The T5060 is the same as a Case 105U. Your 5050 must be like the 95U then. I have looked at them as well and am considering one. I knew that I forgot one of them!

Diverse crop rotation, increased residue retention and minimized tillage will increase yield and crop health more than anything we can spray or spread at litres or pounds per acre.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirschenman View Post
Currently have a 1998 Case MX100 MFWD, Open Station with a loader and grapple that just isn't cutting it for ease of use for running a swing auger at harvest and doesn't have the visibility to the ground for moving pallets of chemical.

-a cab with 2 doors

Just a small wish list! The finalists are a Kubota MX100, Landini Powerfarm 105, Case IH 95U, Deere 5105M.

Anything else I should be looking at or staying away from?
First off i would get more power than 85. A 13 inch auger it is recomended to have a minimum of 100 hp. I would look at between 100 and 120. Have you looked at any of the agco offerings? The kubota cabs are real short every time i have got into one i have hit my head. I liked the look of there 5 cyl engine though it has tons of torque. I am not sure if they are still using it that was six years ago when i bought my new yard tractor.
catfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

Looked at the 100 to 120 hp tractors and they are too big and tall for what we want to do. Have looked at 6000 Deeres and CNH Maxxums/T6000s and they just have too much hood and height for decent loader visibility. Farmking 13 x 70s are calling for 80 HP on their website.

The Massey has terrible visibility to the front.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

I know guys running 13" augers on old JD 4430s and don't have enough power. We run our 10x70 on an 80 horse sometimes and on tall bins we are running close to out of power.
mvpfarms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Have you looked at a TV6070 you won't find a bettet tractor for loader visability and it would get you over 100hp and you will need more than 80hp on a 13 x70 farm king we have one and an 85pto hp tractor on it was not enough to run it to capacity
V876 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'll second a 95U, I ran an open station MFWD loader tractor, and absolutely loved it. I find the mechanical shift very nice with the high/low splitter and left-hand reverser. We got a new one at my old job, and the guys preferred a 6430 Deere only because they're heavier/had more cast hanging on the rims. I found it fairly smooth, in 3rd range, throw it in 1st and could clutchless shift all the way to 8th (4 in high).

I'd rather heavy up a light tractor than have one that's too heavy and you can't shave weight. This of course is within reason. I found it a very universal machine.

I also highly recommend the factory Global/Euro mounts, very easy to use, and the automatic trip is awesome, get off the thing once just to disengage the pins.

Bruce
Old 04-22-2011, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have looked into the Bi-Di's, but they just don't have the transport speed or easy accesibility to the cab I am looking for. Looks like I should be looking at the highest HP compact from tractors if I want to run a 13 inch.

That probably leaves a Landini Powerfarm 110, a Kubota M110 or 126, or a NH T5070 in the mix. No one else has big power in a short tractor I don't think.

Old 04-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

i get a real kick out of reading ppls post on here. First guy says 80hp isn't enough to run a 13 inch auger, you didn't even know how long of an auger he was wanting to run. Second, it all depends on what type of grain your putting in it. give some facts if your going to rant. We have a 13x120 fetral(sp) with swing hopper and a 14x90(give or take 10ft i can't remember) that we run with a 4440 jd(thats 125 factory hp, turned up a hair or three) corn and soybeans all thats ever in it. did kill our 9300jd once with wet corn and a very tall bin. I'm just ranting and maybe you all know each other and your operations in detail and i should just shut up
lester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.