4630 pto - The Combine Forum

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
4630 pto

Have a customer I need to split and replace his 1000 pto as it twisted on a bale pro. Anyways JD here in Alberta wants 1200$ For the shaft?? Seems pretty steep, does A&I make a shaft for this unit of any jobber? Or are we stuck with OEM ?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1980 Post(s)
Get a used one

God Bless America
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 602 Post(s)
maybe after your customer ponies up the 1200 bucks plus your labor, he might get his head out of his ass and stop operating his shredder like an idiot
SWFarmService likes this.

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1980 Post(s)
AB has a very good point, I have two of them tractors and they have lots of 9' snow blower experience, have replaced a few pto clutches but how does the shaft bend?

Bet the clutch is also shot

God Bless America
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
AB has a very good point, I have two of them tractors and they have lots of 9' snow blower experience, have replaced a few pto clutches but how does the shaft bend?

Bet the clutch is also shot
They twist them by severely overloading the machine by improperly operating it. He's speaking of one of those bale shredders. Another culprit is tub grinders. Its where you are shock loading the drive and needless to say, the weakest component fails. Obviously there are means to ensure this does not occur which the vast majority of guys utilize but you always get a few that don't. Only one I ended up fixing that was corkscrewed was the internal shaft in a White 2-150, hadn't been effecting it really, just come across it when I split it to do the clutch.
SWFarmService likes this.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
You don't need to split a 4630 to replace the pto shaft. Unbolt it and yard it out.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Yup unbolt the back cover and slide it out. We changed one on our 4630 after Jack knifing a spreader. We have run a couple bale processors and never twisted the pto both a haybuster and a pats tub grinder.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
It's a PS trans it needs the double split , that part I know and have done before.
I'm just wondering on the parts end if there is a jobber out there.
How the customer wrecked it is neither here nor there at this point of the game.
I can advise him on running the bale shredder with more care but that's about it.
Jerry69 likes this.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A&I may have that shaft, I bought a main power shaft from them for a White 8700 combine (from the flex plate of the motor to the main drive pulleys for the combine). Installed it in the combine and and found out it was too large (0.010" to 0.015" oversize) where the main pulleys fit on the shaft and had to pull it to get remachined or else wait 2 weeks for a replacement. Not saying that I wouldn't use A&I again its just something to keep in mind when dealing with them.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 05:42 PM

Sounds like you don't have any of the CDroms for the aftermarket parts, but both A&I and Hy Capacity have their catalogs available online, only I don't think you get any pricing that way.

Set yourself up as a dealer thru one of your suppliers and then you will not only get the catalogs on CDrom and print if you want, but also your dealer pricing and customer retail is all listed out as well.

Very true, how the shaft got toasted isn't the issue anymore, however I seldom make a effort to try to save those kind of operators money, more often than not your efforts are not rewarded. When I was doing lots of fixing I was almost to the point where I was going to paint up a sign on 4X8 sheet of plywood and nail to my transformer pole at the fork in my driveway...A lack of planning on your part, DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!
I think that line is rather self explanatory

https://www.aiproducts.com/products.html

High Quality Replacement Parts for Agricultural & Industrial Equipment - Hy-Capacity

Grainline and SWFarmService like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page