John Deere Quadtrack? - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default John Deere Quadtrack?

Had a guy tell me the other day that in the next year or two John Deere is coming out with a quad track type tractor. Has anyone else heard anything like that? I find it hard to believe but at the same time wouldn't mind if it were true. My closest JD dealer is 10 minutes away and my nearest case dealer is 60min.
E_Squared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Saw one on a trailer last week in Estevan. It wasn't an ag tractor though. Some type of industrial tractor painted yellow and black with John Deere written on it. But was an articulated unit with a quad track arrangement. Looked like and oversized skidder but smaller than a 4wd ag tractor. So, they are producing something already that is similar to an Ag quad track therefore may not be too much of a stretch to say they will be making one soon. Perhaps it is on the John Deere industrial website.
kenmb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Found it, its called a high speed dozer.
kenmb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Squared View Post
Had a guy tell me the other day that in the next year or two John Deere is coming out with a quad track type tractor. Has anyone else heard anything like that? I find it hard to believe but at the same time wouldn't mind if it were true. My closest JD dealer is 10 minutes away and my nearest case dealer is 60min.
Case IH has patented the Quadtrac. No one else will be able to make one. That is why you can't but a blue tractor with four tracks.
clydeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Squared View Post
Heard same thing from a Deere dealer two weeks ago...Patents expire and/or can be bought.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Have also heard patent runs out in a year or two. So expect a green quad to be coming soon after.
dieseldog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

wow JD using someone elses idea and putting green paint on it... what a shocker.
jhurkot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhurkot View Post
wow JD using someone elses idea and putting green paint on it... what a shocker.

Good one. So all equipment that runs tires are copying someone else then also. You deere haters never cease to amaze.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldog View Post
Good one. So all equipment that runs tires are copying someone else then also. You deere haters never cease to amaze.
So you deere lover have to admit that the quad is superior to a deere track, just have to wait for deere to have it available, then it becomes good. Just gotta luv the green blinders. Oh, ya, I own a 4wd with tires, don't really need the extra floatation. I own alot of green equipment, but I'm far from color blind
SKfarming is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

I will say the quad has some things about it that are better than tires. Yes it is better in my eyes compared to any brand of two track machines. I have a 4wd with tires also. Yes a green quad would be nice but if deere doesnt come with one my next 4wd will more than likely be a case quad. Not color blind but am biased towards green. At least with a deere i know whose motor will be in it. Case must switch motors what every couple years???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.