The Combine Forum banner

370rt tracks slipping

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  itchycoo8 
#1 ·
We have a new 370rt and we are pulling about 17ton of bar followed by a 9000litre tow behind cart and when we lift out at the end of the run and want to turn up hill the outside track wants to slip out or dry bog. We currently have 1.5 ton of weight on the front and 150 kgs on front axle. We put another 400 kg on the front axle yesterday and it just wanted to power hop. Any suggestions? Should we weight the back of the tractor? If so how much? Need some help? Last season an 8530 pulled up same hill. Had technician test pumps etc. yesterday and all good.

#5 ·
I was under the impression you could get a wide swing drawbar on an 8RT. Many of these tractors are listed with a wide swing on rollers but pictures show otherwise so maybe its not possible. Obviously yours doesn't as it is the same as your old FWA. In my experience a 2 track tractor will not turn worth a **** without the drawbar being allowed to swing (freely or hydraulically). My advice to you is to idle back as much as you can while trying to make your turn.

What size tracks and are they adjusted out as wide as they can be? The wider the better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.