The Combine Forum banner

Caseih mx 210 CAPS Pump???

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tkfarms 
#1 ·
So I have been looking at this 2005 MX 210... I did some research and I heard tons about those CAPS fuel pumps on the cummins Engines that were on some of those models. Now I had seen some people say the mx 210 didnt come with the caps pump.. but I also read that they do.? Anyone know for sure if the 2005 mx 210 has the CAPS pump? If it does im turning away and running!!

#2 ·
From what I can find out, the MX210 did indeed come with a CAPS pump. If you're going to run from this tractor, what are your other choices? As an aside, although the CAPS pump doesn't enjoy a great reputation, neither does the 6.0 Ford. I have one of those in my daily driver, it gets me to and from various far-flung customers when I come visit them for service calls or performance tuning. That truck has 480,000km. So consider that sometimes a bad reputation might be an undeserved bad reputation.

#6 ·
It doesnt come with the caps.. its mechanical. I would run from a caps because thats all you hear about is the problems..same with the 6.0 We have one .. nothing but problems... and only 130 000 kms...and its deleted... just waiting for the big problem of head gasket blowing.

#3 · (Edited)
We skipped the mx series and spent the extra money to go to a magnum for the CAPS pump reason. Bought a 245 magnum, lot less hours than a comparable mx as well. Like the previous post said, I sometimes wonder about the reputation as well and if it's really as common as it sounds. I just know it sounded really expensive if it in fact did happen. When we asked the CAPS pump issues they really hadn't seen many. Don't forget the CAPS is also found in the 4410 sprayer as well. You could maybe by a MX200 or whichever was the biggest model without CAPS and then have the pump turned up. We explored that option a little bit too.

EDIT: The older 210s might not have CAPS. I forget which model and year breaks did or didn't have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.