Reverse Station Case? - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
farmerleach

Default Reverse Station Case?

Caught these videos on Youtube of a reverse station case. Does anyone know if this is something that is coming from a factory or is this a aftermarket thing?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would bet that this is a Stehr (spelling) the European brand that CNH owns in Case decals.

I know that Valtra makes these and they are a Agco brand.
harsh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 11:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Just looked on the Steyr website and didn't see anything, I do know there is a aftermarket company that does this too.
harsh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Its been in the UK press, Built at St Valentin apparently (Ithought it was an Austrian dealer) and 9000

Grassland 2009: Reverse drive for Case IH CVX | Shows and events | Farmers Guardian

Valtra do them, Fendt do them but its mainly for working a forwarder trailer crane loading wood in the forestry or a wood chipper and grab. Some reverse drive mowers or buckrake on the silage pit but most work these on the front end. Would be pretty cramped working one of these all day every day I would reckon. I know when I spin the seat around in my Valtra there is not a lt of room for a person over 6ft.

Cheers BB

Last edited by beltbreaker; 10-04-2011 at 04:27 PM.
beltbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
farmerleach

Thanks for the info guys. I have been in both the Fendt and Valtra reverse drive units. I found the Fendt to be the most comfortable of them both. It would be really handy for running a snow blower or like mentioned mowers. I think that a guy could build a mount for a swather as well, or import one from the header guys in Australia. Just thinking of ways to make a tractor do more, If I can make my FWA tractor into a SP swather that would be really nice, not having to spend another 100K ish on a Swather tractor. Reverse drive on a snow blower would be really nice for oil field work as well. If there was more than one manufacture offering this in NA It would be nice.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Its available for Deere tractors as well.Many brands in europe offered reverse station cabs since the 70s.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 06:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

if you like the CNH tractors, this should be nice as well:
http://www.23hq.com/6604188/6793394_...206f_large.jpg

or
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/14/76/57/44/button10.jpg
bruce0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

I don't know what you would have to do to get one in NA but the Case has to be a factory option. Our 255 had the hole in the side console for the fwd/rev selector. That said I have seen quite a few Fendts in Quebec pushing snow blowers. Impressive to see a 9 ft Pronovost blower taking a full cut down the side of the highway.
bena is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerleach View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I have been in both the Fendt and Valtra reverse drive units. I found the Fendt to be the most comfortable of them both. It would be really handy for running a snow blower or like mentioned mowers. I think that a guy could build a mount for a swather as well, or import one from the header guys in Australia. Just thinking of ways to make a tractor do more, If I can make my FWA tractor into a SP swather that would be really nice, not having to spend another 100K ish on a Swather tractor. Reverse drive on a snow blower would be really nice for oil field work as well. If there was more than one manufacture offering this in NA It would be nice.
why would a reverse mount be better than a front mount with the front 3 point hitch and pto on the Fendt? there is a fellow down here that runs one in the patch and no other combo has matched the capacity its got.
Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
farmerleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
why would a reverse mount be better than a front mount with the front 3 point hitch and pto on the Fendt? there is a fellow down here that runs one in the patch and no other combo has matched the capacity its got.
My thinking is visibility when running a blower or swather head. Out front would be a bit difficult to see the cutter bar when swathing I would think. We have run bidirectional new hollands with the swather adapter, back along time ago now. It was nice to see right down onto the cutting platform. I have talked with the MacDon and HoneyBee guys about running a header on a tractor. Both have told me it would be possible, But I'm on my own for making a mount. The other option is to import a header from Midwest down in Australia they have pictures on there website of a header mounted on the front of a Claas tractor, on the 3 point hitch. My only issue with that is if I import a header and don't like it, its not like its a domestic header, and I would take a real bath on trying to sell it.

For snow blowing, around here any how for most of the winter most of the leases can be plowed with a blade. Only after a really heavy blow will they have a need for a blower. SO you could have a blade on the front, and a blower on the back. Nice combination for maximum versatility. Mind you most of the contractors don't use blowers here, they just struggle in places with deep snow with improper equipment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.