7110 magnum electrical problems - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 7110 magnum electrical problems

ok....where do i start...

So i started the tractor up yesterday ran fine. Shut it off, came back later to turn on, runs for a bit then shuts off. Ok so fuel shut off solenoid went bad was first thought. Well turns out there is no electricity running to it....ok check fuse. its good, check relay its good. Well tried it about 10 times still doing it. Then i notice the alternator light is on and the system voltage is low....ok thats interesting....i started playing around with things. So far ive blown the fuse on the cab lights, the fuse on the cigarette lighter and the work light circuit breaker clicks on and off. BUT i do have turn signals and warning lights, radio instrument panel, BUT the horn dosent work the engine override switch dosent work the a/c fan dosent work.....

So im completly lost.....
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

ok so been tinkering around with it.

There is no power to the circuit breaker panel.....therefore there is no power going to the relays to run the headlights, worklights, or fuel shutoff
Old 05-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

We had wires rub through and ground out underneath the fuse box and underneath cab in a few spots. Nothing major just pto wire and hyd sensor wire. Hope this helps
Old 05-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

I had a 7210 that would run fine until the a/c or lights were turned on them it would just stop in the road.turned out to be a weak relay behind the right front panel of the operaters manual box. tested ok with 12v but when power was drawn from it it would die off to just a few volts. 60$ or about fixed it. good luck
mbcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

I bet it is one of the solenoids right under the fuse box. We have had this problem on our 7120 and 7130. Take a test light and see if there is power on the one post when the key is off. Then turn the key on and there should be power on the other side. If there is not, then the solenoid is bad. We just take a short jump wire with a in-line 15 amp fuse and jump the posts until we can get to town get another solenoid. I hope this help and fixes your problem!
Axialflow1688 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

One more thing you could try is have someone start the tractor and someone hold the fuel shut off in and it should still run. Make sure the tractor is in park though!!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
FVA

Underneath the RS cab, under where the solenoids and fuse box is in the cab the battery cables hook up and I've had issues with them coming loose and corrosion. Definately looks/wiggle there and see if things come on line or spark(grin)
FVA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Yes you are correct. What they call a T-post. it has a bolt that goes through the floor then "t's with two studs that go up. One feeds the power thats on all the time and the other feeds the solenoid to the key switch that one was corroded so much that the hole that the stud goes through wasent even touching, i was kinda surprised being that its in the cab, but there was a lot of dirt and dust sitting around it. Pain in the butt to get to and replace but once done that solved all our issues.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbrook View Post
Yes you are correct. What they call a T-post. it has a bolt that goes through the floor then "t's with two studs that go up. One feeds the power thats on all the time and the other feeds the solenoid to the key switch that one was corroded so much that the hole that the stud goes through wasent even touching, i was kinda surprised being that its in the cab, but there was a lot of dirt and dust sitting around it. Pain in the butt to get to and replace but once done that solved all our issues.

Good. I'm glad you got it fix! Electric problems can sometimes be the worst!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

X3 on what all the others said. Have had this on two 7110s.
durallymax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.