Front Wheel Assist...CaseIH and John Deere - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Front Wheel Assist...CaseIH and John Deere

Looking at buying a new CaseIH Puma around the 150 hp range...Can you give me your experiences with these series of Tractors... As well with the equivalent JD's such as a 7330 or the new 6R series..Thanks
farmerSK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mt565d?
harsh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

We have a Puma 165 with the CVT transmission. It has been a very good tractor for us. It has about 1500 hours on it and it has had no issues.
mack3393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

So far this year i have put 40 hrs on my Puma 140 it's a horrible tractor don't get one whatever you do, now my 7330 and 7530 over a 1000 each this year and they have been flawless, haven't missed a beat, get an IVT i have one in my 7530 and i'll never get another tractor without it. if you want i'll sell you my Puma If the tractor will have a loader get the Deere you wont be sorry for my own use the 7330 is borderline to small but each farm is different, i think the only tractor worthy of being compared to the Deere is a Fendt if you have a dealer close by you might want to check out the new 7 series.

Last edited by GREEN TEAM; 12-23-2012 at 08:46 PM.
GREEN TEAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

We have a new holland T7050 cvt which is the same as a puma 195 cvt. very nice tractor and the cvt is very nice for pretty much any kind of work you can think of. Frame is a bit on the big side to be very handy as a loader tractor though. Only other downside is the buddy seat is so big it's awkward to get in and out around. But the hydraulic flow is great and it is really handy to be able to change the flow in a second or two on the touch screen. Lighting is handy in that you can turn any one of about 6 sets of lights on and off individually. Visibility is very good and the tractor has a very good turning radius for its size. Thus far we are very happy with ours. What kind of work are you going to be using it for?
Greg418 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

had a puma 180 blew out the injector seats (with less than 300 hours), suspended cab was rougher than a fixed cab i personally did not like the setup of controls after a little deliberation with case ih and my dealer we even steven'd for a 180 magnum and were alot happier
ihdriver7088 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Oh if you look at the deer and want to run anything with hydraulics make sure you get a premium. The lower lines of tractor don't have enough pump for much more than running the steering cylinders.
Greg418 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

buy a mccormick if you have a dealer close i have a buddie thats gone from case ih to jd now hes on mccormick he puts 2000 hours a year on his tractors so he really testes them his 2012s has 750hours on so far hasnt seen the dealer yet
mark 1056 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #9 (permalink)

I have a NH T7040 with a CVT which is almost exactly the same thing as a Puma. I absolutely love the tractor. I use it primarily on a kinze 12/23 row planter and a J&M 875 grain cart and it handles them great. Only problem I've had in 1200 hrs is one of the hydraulic valves stops working intermittently.
robmgrig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

We have a Puma 195 that we have a loader on and primarily gets used as a mowing and ditching tractor. We test drove a 7320 before we got the Puma. Liked the controls and cab better in the Case. We have had a few intermittent problems with it. Most notably was when we went out one morning to start mowing and noticed that ALL of the transmission/hydraulic oil was in a puddle on the ground. The bolts holding the transmission on had all stretched out and became loose. We have had a hydraulic remote quit working also. Aside from that we really like that tractor and we do push it to its limits every once in a while since it is a 195 horse tractor with a loader on it so naturally we try to use it as a bulldozer every once in a while. When the time comes to trade it off I dont think I would hesitate to buy another one.
brink444 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.