The Combine Forum banner

U-joints on front axle JD 4760?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dan Vanderwell 
#1 ·
Looking to replace the front axle u-joints on a 4760. Priced them out at Deere and the two crosses are worth $1100 total. The complete assembly both yokes crosses and Center section are actually $20 less. ???? Tried Pats driveline and they might be able to find some in Germany for $350+ each. I've got to replace 8 of these crosses. (2 tractors). Just wondering if anyone had a line on these crosses? Dont feel like buying the complete assembly when my yokes are still good. Thanks.

#4 ·
If it was me, I'd disassemble one and take it in to BC or Commercial Bearing and have them find some. Be cheaper than someone like Pat's too. Not sure if Selmac is still dealer for BC, I know when I moved they still were at the old location, but I would go right to either one's main warehouse on the west end of the city. Commercial would probably be best shot IMO. Very unlikely that is a specific ujoint to only Deere.

Be like the air bags for the NH 855 balers, NH wanted stupid money for them and Goodyear denied they used the bellows in another application. Bit of time spent in the Euclid suspension parts catalogue doing some cross referencing dimensions, had a friend who is a manager with Greggs make a call to Goodyear and blow some smoke out his ass...presto Goodyear coughed up a number for a bag assembly that used the exact same bellows as the NH balers. Now I buy two bags for about half what NH wants for one;)

#5 ·
Thanks buck. Took the u-joint to pats and drive products. Both struck out. Then Deere changed their story and turns out those crosses are obsolete through them as well. Not the story I got last week.:confused: Just got done putting in the update cv joints. Should roll out tomorrow. Have a good spring. (Now that its finally here. :) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.