The Combine Forum banner

NH9682 Triples?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sask9760 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have rod style duals with 20.8-42 on my 9682 and have found a set of triples to add on as the tractor is not putting the power to the ground and it's weighted perfectly. Has a new 425hp Cummins and Im looking for feedback from those with some experience doing this? We initially are looking at using coupling nuts on the end of the dual rod and extending the rods out for the triple. Anybody tried this?
Also it has come to light that the tractor doesn't have the heavy axles and Im getting mixed reviews on whether this will hold-up. My neighbour has the same setup and it has lasted for 10yrs however. Im just looking for other experiences or thoughts. thanks

#4 ·
I should have mine installed this week. I went with the middle rim setup. You have to remove your duals and bolt this rim in the middle and then re-install your duals with the same rods. I think this system will be much stronger that adding them off your existing rods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.