to buy or not to buy a white planter - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #31 (permalink)

Default Re: to buy or not to buy a white planter

Have a 6180 White 12 row that I pull everywhere with a 90hp MFD. (have to try real hard to stay under 6 mph) The simplicity of the planting mechanism and the final stand accuracy is the sales point of the White. Still hasn't been beat. The fly in the ointment is in identity preserved crops and the clean out of every seed. If you plant soybeans you'll be in love with the stand accuracy and the fact that seed size is not important, just set the population you want and go plant.
valtraguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #32 (permalink)

row markers, every row unit, opener coulter hubs, lift linkage, row cleaners, yadda yadda yadda.
jockinthebox16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #33 (permalink)

I purchased a 8424CF this spring overall I love it. Had some issues at first-they had a manual switch that you had to flip to turn the machine on and off; what a bunch of BS. But they came out and installed a switch that was activated on the lift. I tryed to run the planter through the Fendt terminal because thats whats its supposed to do right, well quess not. There was a little confusion nobody seemed to know the answer but they sent a AGCO rep out and the guys in Germany finnally said it wasn't going to work but they put a monitor on it and made everything right. I would say they were very good to work with.

As far as the job it does I would say excellant and I only had one downtime incidant in 2500 acres. That was a popit ball that blew out of a hyd proportioning valve what was probably an outsourced part but the mechanics at my dealer stayed late and got it fixed with a little home made enginering.

The last two planters were a 955 and a 1200 caseih. They had way too many part replacement issues-Closeing dics, downpressure springs,furrow firming points and shoes plus both of them the pivot points for the guage wheels were completely shot and would flop all over; I would rather have grease fittings than have the wheels flopping around.
wiscjim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #34 (permalink)

nt
Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #35 (permalink)

pic of the 8424cf-24 row 20"
Old 12-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #36 (permalink)

has anyone ran a 8816 cf
okieclayfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #37 (permalink)

Okieclayfarmer, Its probably a little late for me to weigh in, but I have a White 8700 planter (8000 series units on an Orthman stack bar). Before that I owned 2 Kinze finger planters. I really appreciate the simplicity of the White unit. With the Kinze I had to take the finger units to the Meter Max guy every year to get a uniform stand. Its also nice not to have to remember the graphite or talc. I would recommend getting the heavy duty down pressure springs.
nebrmassey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.