2008 Caseih air drill - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2008 Caseih air drill

FINALLY!!!! GOT rid of the 30 ft great pains for a 40 ft air drill. cart is on behind... were 100 percent no till and mostly clay soil...usually plant when conditions are right... who has experience with this setup or just the drill...what do we look for.

if it rains do u have to shut a slide and clean the manifold out? or what tips....

thanks

also were pulling it with a 375 and it doesn't have a large plugin for the hydralic return line like our mx 200 has.. anyone ever ran into that problem

the monitors a flexcoil something....are those good monitors..or can I make a pro 600 run this setup?
casefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: 2008 Caseih air drill

What drill do you have? disc or shank. I assume its an SDX40, but we need some more info.
kirschenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2009, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah SDX 40 and disk.. those disk are bigger than the deere's ive seen... i think thats the noticable difference..

the carts a 2230 or something... 2 compartments and metal...

what kind have you got or seen...

sorry for lack of info...
Old 06-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

No problem. Down there I am sure that most all airdrills are either SDXs or 1890s or maybe a great plains every so often. Just wanted to make sure.

Flexicoil carts are not my specialty (its probably a 2320 cart). I have only ever had the pleasure of using one for about 1000 acres and I was not impressed coming from our Morris. But thousands of people get along with them just fine so I'm sure you're set.

SDXs have a 22 inch disc while the deeres have an 18 incher. The SDXs will hairpin more at shallow depths, but because they have less of an angle on the disc, they pull easier I think. They have a way cheaper scraper to replace when needed.

The frames are heavy and don't require anymore weight like the deeres do.

Rain has never been an issue with our drills. Everything is pretty watertight (thats how the cart works, its pressurized so it both seals the air and and keeps the water out. Shouldn't be an issue.

Do you have seed firming wheels (the small rubber wheel that runs right behind the scraper in the furrow?) If so you probably want to consider spike closing wheels to close your seed trench in heavy clays. The cast closer won't work well in your no till situation.
kirschenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

It does a nice job of planting, we have a SDX 40 , cart behind. All we use it for is wheat, all no-till also. Never have had a problem with rain but we only average 15 inches a year. Put a monitor on your seed tubes, will save you some headaches. Plugs clear back to the manifold under cart and it is a pain to unplug. Is your cart a red one or the flexi 2320? We pull it with mx305 so we have all the plug in's. I think you can plug the return in one of the remotes if you have to. Has 3 different pressure settings on disc, will plant anywhere. Will look to see what monitor we have for drill, can't remember. Good luck with it, you will like the way it plants.
bigs1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Your dealer should have a kit for a low pressure return line. Don't risk seal failure by plugging the return line into a remote. It will work but you always have to remember to put the remote into float posistion and I know from exp. that you will forget to do it and the motor seals will fail and you will be buying a whole lot of hydraulic fluid after you notice the hyd. idiot light coming on.
ninety420 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

how do u adjust the depth on this..and is there a slide to shutt to clean out the manifold.... also there was some wheat in the hopper and we opened the door and it fell out dry so were thinking this one seals up good..

thanks for the info guys this websites the best
Old 06-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

how do u adjust the depth on this..and is there a slide to shutt to clean out the manifold.... also there was some wheat in the hopper and we opened the door and it fell out dry so were thinking this one seals up good..

thanks for the info guys this websites the best
Old 06-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

okay...then can u cheat on the depth by adjusting the downpressure.. also u adjust downpressure from the cab? ill be glad when we get the book... also those handles while simple it looks like make it hard to adjust by a notch or two... but maybe that's something we won't mess with
Old 06-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

i've heard people say the red drills pull harder than the green ones. Some guys that farm beside us traded they're 1850 in for a SDX 40 last winter and are pulling it with a 9370 and say they'd like to have more power with the red drill.
caseih9280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.