The Combine Forum banner

JD 1790 vs 1795 Differences

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  WillStanton 
#1 ·
We are looking at buying a 12/24 planter considering either a second hand 1790 or a new 1795.

What are the main differences between the series?

I don't really understand how the CCS feeds the mini hoppers on these.
The CCS tanks are pressurized just slightly above the vac suction?
Are the Lines to the mini hoppers full of product at all times?
How do large flat edible beans go in these CC systems?

Appreciate any info

Will

#2 · (Edited)
I cant tell you the differences but we own a 12/24 1790, there is also a 12/23 1790. The CCS tanks and pressurized just like an air cart for a air seeder. By a fan. Your so called manifolds are in the bottom of the tank.

The lines to the mini hoppers are not full at all times. They only deliver seed as required. When the mini hoppers get so full, they block off enough air flow through the lines that it physically can't push any more product through. Think of it like this, if you were blowing into a tube that was open on the end you can blow as much through as you want. Block it off and the tube gets pressurized and nothing else will be able to get through.

I can't answer large edible beans, I think there is settings and mention of it in the owners manual, but we do seed soybeans and nusun sunflowers with ours and it works great. We get about 70 acres per fill at 160,000 population on the beans.

Make sure you have at least 150+ engine hp even just in the flats and that without fertilizer. I think 180hp would be about perfect. These planters have some weight to them. Anymore questions feel free to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.