kinze vs. white - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default kinze vs. white

I'm looking looking to upgrade planters and want a 6/11 row with dry fertilizer to plant both corn and beans. I wanted a kinze as I've been using a jd 7000 and have been very happy with the finger pick up for what I do. It's hard to find one set up the way I want it, most with splitter units don't have fertilizer on them let alone dry boxes. I see more whites set up with fertilizer though, they usually use a double frame design for the extra units, how do these compare to the push units on kinzes or all in back like the John deeres?
I'm not familiar with the white seed units but I've heard they are good, I like the finger pick ups because you can easily inspect and replace all the parts. I've never had a problem with one which seems pretty good for a 20+ year old planter and no moniter.
I would welcome any opinions.
Thanks
igm82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Five years ago I traded my Kinze planter in for a White stack-fold with the 8000 series units. I am very pleased with the White. I think you will be relieved to not have to go to the trouble and expense of maintaining the fingers. The only thing I do is replace the tickle brushes (they knock off any doubles and are inexpensive) every 1500 acres. When I put the planter away each spring I take the seed plates off, make sure the air cut-off brushes are clean and put the original meter covers on to keep rodents out of box. This takes about 5 minutes per row. I do not have to use talc or graphite any more which was critical to the longevity of the fingers on the Kinze. I know Kinze sells more planters than White and they are a good planter but, personally, I would never consider a finger pick up (or a vacuum) planter after experiencing the simplicity of the White.
nebrmassey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Don't know anything about Kinze but do like our White. Is this what you are looking for? but with dry fert.

NEW IDEA 9900 Planters For Sale At TractorHouse.com

same units as the White
masseyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah, this is actually the only one I can find right now.
1998 WHITE 6606 Planters For Sale At TractorHouse.com
Does white use different kinds of seed meters or do they just have one kind?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

We have a White 8531 that has close to 15,000 acres on it, works very well for us , Plants 16 X 30" corn or 31 X 15" beans , Takes about 1 hr labour max to switch from corn to beans or vica versa. Had a twin frame kinze 12 prior to the White , It was a good planter also , have found the White to be a little more accurate and quite a bit less maintainance.
If I was choosing today I would go with another white.
Our 8531 has individual row hoppers and we switched from 2 bus to 3 bus 2 seasons ago , I would reccomend the larger hopper if you cover many acres. Our kinze was set up with Dry fert which was good but was fairly high maintainance , we built a liquid cart that we pull behind , it holds enough starter and UAN for 150 acres and works good.
Big Cob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

That looks like a nice setup. You will like those units and meters.
masseyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

What kind of meter do White planters use? Would the meters on the 6606 above be the same as a new model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.