The Combine Forum banner

Bourgault 3320 QDA openers

8K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  dutchengineer 
#1 ·
Hi guys new to the site, about to order myself a new 3320 QDA 76ft drill. I don't want midrow banders and was thinking of putting on a Dutch 3" paired row opener with fert going about 1.5" below. Anyone running a 3320 without midrows? Any input good or back is greatly appreciated. Was planning on 10" but a neighbour said go 12". Thoughts?

#11 ·
I feel they are too much maintenance and the cost of them is crazy. Just trying to bring the cost od the drill down. We run a NewHolland drill with stealth operners and can't see my yeilds getting any better with midrows. Just my opinion I may be wrong but those are my thoughts.

#12 ·
Hi Mooseman, to achieve that much vertical separation on the 3320, you must be looking at the Dutch Precision Edge opener with 3.5” paired row. As a few others have alluded to, that’s a pretty wide opener for 10” spacing. Dutch doesn’t recommend using this paired row opener with the 3320 on 10” spacing unless you are prepared to go about 3.5mph. We do have the sideband option with that much vertical separation that works well on 10”.

If you’re set on paired row, 12” spacing will let you seed at a more reasonable speed. For paired row with 10” spacing, you’d have the best results with the Universal series 2.5” paired row tip. This only achieves 3/8” vertical separation though.

Of course, my opinion is solely based on how the opener interacts with the soil and your agronomist may have a different viewpoint so talk these options over with your agronomist and give me a call if you need more details or options. 1-800-663-8824.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.