Flexicoil 2320 Meter Box Rebuild - Where? - The Combine Forum

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Flexicoil 2320 Meter Box Rebuild - Where?

I have a FC 2320 air tank and the meter boxes created a lot of problems last spring. I had both of them apart and changed some bearings but didn't change the rachet gears or plastic arms inside as I thought they were ok. Where in NE Sask can I find a guy that can rebuild these properly? The shafts inside don't seem worn but every few revolutions the rachet gears will not grab. This causes the meter roll to only turn every other revolution causing havoc with my seeding rates. What is causing this? Any ideas what I should or should not replace in these boxes? I really like this tank but I am nervous for next spring unless I can fix these properly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
I have a FC 2320 air tank and the meter boxes created a lot of problems last spring. I had both of them apart and changed some bearings but didn't change the rachet gears or plastic arms inside as I thought they were ok. Where in NE Sask can I find a guy that can rebuild these properly? The shafts inside don't seem worn but every few revolutions the rachet gears will not grab. This causes the meter roll to only turn every other revolution causing havoc with my seeding rates. What is causing this? Any ideas what I should or should not replace in these boxes? I really like this tank but I am nervous for next spring unless I can fix these properly.
Sounds like the metal shaft that the sprag bearings grab onto are worn. It may not look like it to the eye but they do wear. Took a little while for us to work this out years ago on a 1720 cart.

doorknob and Grainline like this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
Just read your post again. Seems you haven't changed the sprag bearings either. Change both the shaft and the sprag bearings, you should be all good after that.
Grainline likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have a SC430 tank that I have had at least one gearbox fall apart per year. They cost me $1800 a piece, it is getting frustrating, why do they keep falling apart? I now have 5 of them to rebuild and would also like to know who can rebuild them in Sask?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Sorry I was calling the inside gears rachet gears and you were calling them sprag gears but I think we mean the same thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3250.jpg (655.8 KB, 81 views)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
There nothing special to rebuilding them I used to do quite a few of them. Just take a couple picture with yr phone before disassembly and you'll be fine
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Replace shaft , sprag clutch/Brgs , plastic arms. Been awhile since I done one but make sure the sprags are installed in a correct direction.
I then have had a couple customers seal up the box with silicone, well in s 3/8npt pipe fitting and put in a couple cups of 80W90. Seems to have extended the life of the boxes doing this.
If you need a dealer to do it for you I would say Novlan Bros in PH , they have been a flexi dealer for a long time.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Anyone know of any other dealers that could do this rebuild? I priced out a new one and the price is absolutely crazy. If not I will just buy all the pieces and do myself. Was just hoping to talk to an "old guy in the back" who has dealt with these a bit more than I have.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Make sure and seal them up or put caulking around the seems on the outside. All the rainny weather results in moisture getting inside them and destroying them.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I know George's farm centre in penhold Alberta rebuilds them, had mine rebuilt last winter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page