Exapta uniforce - The Combine Forum

2Likes
  • 2 Post By adap28

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Exapta uniforce

I really really like the idea of this system. Basically replaces the springs on deere 1890 row units and puts a one way cylinder there to maintain "uniforce" across all openers.
Anyone here see them in action? I know it would help but trying to figure an ROI for a system that runs around 18500 for 40' drill.
Having better downforce should help to increase productivity some by going faster. Also should get more seeds placed in those areas where residue is thicker.
TIA
I have quite a few products from Exapta and they have all been great fwiw.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vailcat View Post
I really really like the idea of this system. Basically replaces the springs on deere 1890 row units and puts a one way cylinder there to maintain "uniforce" across all openers.
Anyone here see them in action? I know it would help but trying to figure an ROI for a system that runs around 18500 for 40' drill.
Having better downforce should help to increase productivity some by going faster. Also should get more seeds placed in those areas where residue is thicker.
TIA
I have quite a few products from Exapta and they have all been great fwiw.
I think you kinda answered your own question in a way.
Quote:
If you were to say pickup 20% in ground speed, how fast would just that increase in productivity return?
More seeds place right, equals about what % in increased yield? If you have an arbitrary percentage of acres of say 25% that have issues on the average getting the seed placed and covered, on a thousand acres, that's 250 acres with whatever increase in yield you expect. Could be 50% if the previous harvest was tough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1474 Post(s)
I initially thought very little benefit, but then watched a video and there is possibly some merit to it(especially in rolling land).

There is some modifications that I would love to do to my P2080 disc drill but man this stuff is expensive, especially at current exchange rate! Part of the problem I guess is that I have 96 openers...

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista

Last edited by SWMan; 01-08-2017 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Screwed up model of my drill...Got to love the NH numbers...ha ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That works out to $41,000 Canadian dollars plus shipping for my 43' drill.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I put the uniforce on our 40 ft 1895 last fall and planted 2500 acres, mostly in bean stubble. Conditions were fair with a little moisture, but drying out as the planting season went on. I was happy with the seed placement, even in areas where we pulled an old fence and leveled with a blade. The stand was coming pretty even considering the conditions. We then received .75 inches and everything was perfect. Without the rain I felt we would have still had a good stand. It is always hard to evaluate these add ons for planting equipment. Rain is always the great equalizer. I suspect the uniforce will have times when it shines more than others with the highest probability being late spring when the ground is drying out and rains become less likely, ie flower and millet planting in june(I live in central south Dakota). Most planter accessories show improvements that are hard to tell without seed stand counts, but on occasion can make a difference between failure and success. Right or wrong I felt strongly enough to put the uniforce on our other 1890 this winter.
doorknob and peacefarmer like this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks adap. I'm wandering if I should just add weight to start with or if I should goto uniforce. I can see the system working great in our soils as our foreman soils can get hard which represent about 45% of our soils. The others ones we have do not harden much at all when they dry. Seems Forman can go from mellow to hard for us in a day sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page