Flexicoil 2320 Tank Electric Drive Conversion - The Combine Forum

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Flexicoil 2320 Tank Electric Drive Conversion

Has anyone ever converted a Flexicoil 2320 air cart mechanical drive to electric or hydraulic drive? If so how did you do it and where did you get the parts? I am very interested in doing this. TIA

morb1lee and Jmjperformance like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
I've been considering a micro-trac "drill master" set up to do just that. A raven 660 or other dry compatible controller with an encoder can also do it, though the 660 can only read one encoder as far as I know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I just got done converting my ADX8120 cart. My cart is one revision newer than yours, but is pretty much the same thing.

Here is all the ground drive stuff I took off:

Here it is with all the new hydraulic drive gear on:

I have a Trimble FMX in my tractor to drive everything. I'm using Trimble rate control modules, Raven OmniSeed motors, and Raven PWM valves. I haven't seeded with it yet, but I will be in a month or so. I think it should work out really well.
doorknob and Jmjperformance like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:44 AM

Could be done easily..... just would have to decide what controller to use.... or depending on the tractor what's already in the cab
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmjperformance View Post
Could be done easily..... just would have to decide what controller to use.... or depending on the tractor what's already in the cab
Would be pulling it with a 2009 Steiger 385 with pro 700 monitor.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 07:36 AM

Cool the pro 700 could be used without any issue.... would use ravens new ISO multi prouduct control node.... may as well use there valves and shaft encoder setups as well ...... tee In your hydraulics ..... break out the gas axe and get rid of the old ground drive stuff ..... followed by the hot glue gun and mount the new drives.... new node comes with magnetic mounts so that parts easy enough.... attach wires and hyd ... plug into ISO hitch plug on tractor,and you will be able to view it in the VT or isobus screen on the pro 700 for setup and cal.... the node can Handel 4 products so even if u had a 3 compartment tank no worries ...
could even pull liquid or nh3
Also with a task controller unlock on pro700 would do VR as well..
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Cool the pro 700 could be used without any issue.... would use ravens new ISO multi prouduct control node.... may as well use there valves and shaft encoder setups as well ...... tee In your hydraulics ..... break out the gas axe and get rid of the old ground drive stuff ..... followed by the hot glue gun and mount the new drives.... new node comes with magnetic mounts so that parts easy enough.... attach wires and hyd ... plug into ISO hitch plug on tractor,and you will be able to view it in the VT or isobus screen on the pro 700 for setup and cal.... the node can Handel 4 products so even if u had a 3 compartment tank no worries ...
could even pull liquid or nh3
Also with a task controller unlock on pro700 would do VR as well..
Do you have a link for these products? Looks very interesting.
Let's say I do this conversion, this will replace the drive mechanism but what about the shaft sensors, fan velocity, and fan rpm sensors. Did you replace them with something else as well?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:58 PM

Shaft sensors should not matter to much I wouldn't think beacase as u would get off rate alarms.... would probably be somewhere in there to view some sort of rpm as it is .... fan speed probably a work around as well may have to replace the sensors with a raven one .... be a bit of cost involved but your cart would be good as good as new

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll look a little deeper into it if u want.....
How many compartment tank?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:02 PM

Velocity also would go unfortunately...... if a guy poked around may come up with velocity tie in somehow .... or IntelligentAg ag blockage would give velocity back in there system
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Shaft sensors should not matter to much I wouldn't think beacase as u would get off rate alarms.... would probably be somewhere in there to view some sort of rpm as it is .... fan speed probably a work around as well may have to replace the sensors with a raven one .... be a bit of cost involved but your cart would be good as good as new

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll look a little deeper into it if u want.....
How many compartment tank?
That would be great. It's a 2 compartment tank.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page