Bourgault X30 Apollo - The Combine Forum

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Bourgault X30 Apollo

Putting my new to me X30 into the tractor and when I follow the instructions from Bourgault for a CNH tractor there is no CAN harness and connectors in the back right corner post of the cab to Tee into. This is on a 2010 New Holland T9040 that has the ISO connector on the back. Anybody run into this issue installing one of these? I've done some searching in the cab and have found a CAN connector that isn't connected to anything behind the front cornerpost display. Thinking this must be where I should end up connecting in but won't bee in the loop like the instructions show.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
What are you going to run on ISO harness? X30 won't run a bourgault drill with section control without X30 stand alone harness.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 11:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1474 Post(s)
So you have an ISO cable that only goes to the back of the tractor? Doesn't tie into the CAN system?

Some of those early tractors did not have ISO hook-up but were ordered with a harness to be ready for a CNH tank. Maybe that's what you have?

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfarmer View Post
What are you going to run on ISO harness? X30 won't run a bourgault drill with section control without X30 stand alone harness.
You can run an ASC cart using the tractor iso connector with the X30 connector to the tractor CANbus. You can not run sectional control off of an iso display other than the X30. I'm sure a lot of dealers have said contrary because they would rather just string a harness from the cab to the back of the tractor instead of figure out where to tie in inside the cab.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
So you have an ISO cable that only goes to the back of the tractor? Doesn't tie into the CAN system?

Some of those early tractors did not have ISO hook-up but were ordered with a harness to be ready for a CNH tank. Maybe that's what you have?
The tractor has the ISO connector on the back of the tractor from the factory so it is wired into the CAN system. My problem is inside the cab the CAN connector that Bourgault shows to connect into in the cab is not there. They show that there is a harness in the back right corner post with a set of 4 pin deutsch connectors that you disconnect to Tee into. Both of the connectors then get connected to the X30 harness. I know with the CAN system I can connect anywhere so I have found a connector in the front corner post that I should be able to connect to. I'm extremely confident this will work but don't have the cart here at the moment to try. The big question I really have using this connector is what to do about CAN terminators as it seems there is one pigtailed beside this connector and not sure if I should then remove it and need a terminator elsewhere.

Of course I discovered this too late on a friday to call anyone. Fortunately I don't need it connected right away, it's just bugging me being on my mind and I thought someone on here might have run into this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Good luck with everything. There is a reason bourgault wants standalone harness. X30 will plug into tractors ISO for steering but that's about all. Bourgault has struggled with this for years and even bourgault is weak on tech support.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Yea bourgault will probably tell you to buy a stand alone harness.

Brent.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just finished installing a X30 for my 2016 bourgault to my MT800E challengers existing isobus harness, connected seeder to tractor via factory ISO connector on the back, seems to work just fine
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr9060 View Post
Putting my new to me X30 into the tractor and when I follow the instructions from Bourgault for a CNH tractor there is no CAN harness and connectors in the back right corner post of the cab to Tee into. This is on a 2010 New Holland T9040 that has the ISO connector on the back. Anybody run into this issue installing one of these? I've done some searching in the cab and have found a CAN connector that isn't connected to anything behind the front cornerpost display. Thinking this must be where I should end up connecting in but won't bee in the loop like the instructions show.
Bet he plug your looking for is in the b post.... maybe even outside the cab at the very bottom of the post.... 4 pin plug can break in point ...
would just split Borg stuff loop into there probably

Almost prefer to run stand alone harness anyways... if you have trouble they will tell u to put one in first thing... maybe without sectional it will work better
For the price of it could save days of frustration...imo
Time is money/Money is time
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 544 Post(s)
We just ran the stand alone harness as well solely for the reason above. If A BG tech comes out it's their problem right from inside the cab back.

Jmjperformance likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page