The Combine Forum banner

Help figure offset setup for JD drill?

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  case 
#1 ·
So for some reason my brain can't function today and figure anything out. I have a 43 foot JD 1895 drill. actually 43ft3inches I think they call it. On some of my beans I will be blocking half my runs and only seeding with the back row. What I am having trouble figuring is how to setup the correct offset. So will be planting in 20 inch rows and one row on the left side of drill is the outside opener. You go to the other side of the drill and the last opener on that row is the second one overall as the outside row is on the rank in front of it. What would I plug in for an offset to get 20 inch rows across the field. Last year I just left the last two openers unplugged as I didn't want to sit and figure it out in the field. thanks

#6 ·
Like mentioned you move it half the width if you have an even number of rows. I run a 12/24 row planter. When I put the back row down I have to move my hitch over half the space. 7.5" (half of 15"). The 12/23 row planters with an odd number of rows don't move the hitch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.