The Combine Forum banner

sectional nh3

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  windchill 
#1 ·
I need to get a nh3 setup for the new drill. Sectional control is on my mind. Does this pay for itself? Last sprayer I got has it on it and I do not notice any savings with it. Still purchase the same chemicals I always have.
Our fields are full of sloughs so a person would think this is ideal situation for sectional

#2 ·
Definite savings. I've seen savings of 20% of a field with lots of sloughs and most years expect at least a 10% savings. Difference between NH3 sectional and sprayer is you only use the NH3 you need whereas when spraying if your chemical comes in 20 acre jugs and you spray 15 acres less on the field you still bought the chemical anyway and have to dispose of it somehow if you mixed it.

#3 ·
We have been running our nh3 with sectional control for 6 years already I think. I would say that we save 7-10 percent for sure on our NH3 bill. Have a 60 foot seedmaster split into 5 sections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.