The Combine Forum banner

P1060 air flow

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Neil Burg 
#1 ·
I have another question, Just want to make sure I have air flow settings right on our 1060, we tryed seeding yesterday and plugged a few primary runs just want to make sure I have things set right now. We have a few other issues going on as well but don't think it has to do with this.

We have tow behind cart,
putting fertilizer in front tank 100 lbs of product, have baffle set at 4, air velocity at 4500,

Tank 2 is wheat 75 lbs of product, baffle set at 1 or 2, can't remember air velocity I think it was reading 800?

Tank 3 is wheat 105 lbs of product, baffle is set at 8, air velocity 5800.

We are pulling a liquid tank as well that is why we are set up this way, usually guys run fertilizer in back 2 tanks.

Oh yes fan RPM was at 4500, I probably could go higher on this?

moving 4 mph with 60'
this is more wheat then we normally put down maybe we just need to bump up air

TIA

See less See more
#2 ·
If I'm understanding this right, you should close tank 1 baffle just about all the way and open tank 2 baffle ALL THE WAY. This makes the tank furthest away from the tool the one that is pushing the air/product to the drill. You are running high velocity on your seed, with the fertilizer baffle wide open, adjust baffle so you get desired velocity. You may need to adjust your fan speed down some. I'd run close to 5000 on the fertilizer and about 4500 on the seed while seeding(should be close to 8000 with no product flow.

Always run the baffle with the higher product flow wide open, adjust the lower one and fan speed to get correct balance. If you are running tank 2 fertilizer with your seed, your values would be closer, I'm assuming your putting all your fertilizer together.

#7 ·
Yes we ended up backing off the rate a bit, we are shooting for big yield on some swsw, normally seed at 120 lb rate for HRSW. We seeded 80 acres no problems, now our rear meter does not want to turn freely does 1/2 a turn then stops then goes then stops. I will start ANOTHER thread looking for help later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.