The Combine Forum banner
D

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Premium Member
    5,788 Posts
    Thanks. They aren't cheap ($2100 now) but I peaked in on the blades and they are cracked out as far as I can see so something has definitely gotta change before something goes kaboom!

We are at 300 hours on a 5000ex now without really any other issues so I guess I can't be too angry. Just replaced a bearing in the auger at one of the folds. Still the original chain on the bottom. Made me a believer in O ring chains I guess!

And we suck out of full bins often so it does a lot of bushels. Would like a 7500 someday but 2100 is a lot cheaper than 21000!

· Premium Member
    5,788 Posts
    See you had a Brandt 5000 that you put a 5200 fan into. Is it a different fan? Worth the upgrade? Mine is totally cracked out most of the way down on one side so it definitely needs help. Brandt is looking for $2000 for a fan, but if it is worth the update it is probably worth it.

Thanks

· Registered
    210 Posts
    Hi. I've only been using powerrich now for soybeans. Used it for many consecutive years in the past and the crops were great but I found my phos levels dropping in my soil tests and I was using 30 pounds an acre of 8-34-8. Never did any side by sides or anything like that so can't help you there. I do miss the low volumes now though.

· Registered
    62 Posts
    do you continue to use powerrich starter fertilizer? Have you did actual trails against 11-52, and mesz? I like the low salt index from using less P and more of it is available.
    Russell
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…