2010 RoGator's - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: 2010 RoGator's

The first step is 12 or 14" off the ground and they made them close so it is easy to climb without those large or far apart steps. Easier to use for those of us with that body that is or starting to wear out.

Looks to me like the green has 6 steps, the yellow has 6 and the red has 5 steps. Not that different.

The chassis is a proven deal over the competition's rigid frames as far as I've heard.

I just posted this information to let everyone know what is coming soon from AgChem. Now after all of the crap I received from you green guys for "bashing" now it comes from you that say you don't bash and are "objective". Ag Chem is the innovator in this product and the others have come later and used AgChem's innovations to make what they have now, no if's and's or but's about it on this product.
harsh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Fold Flat Booms I'll give it to RoGator but why go away from it if they originally had it?

In response to your comment it actually is quite obvious. In order to fold flat with that old 854 design you had to get on that flimsy ladder facing toward the front of the machine, which was great for visibility but not so great for the operator. In order to make the ladder entrance from the side they had to raise the booms up at an angle to allow enough room for a person to pass underneath. Now that they have a front entrance ladder, they can again put the booms flat when folded, however there is one drawback. If I replace with a new machine it will require modifcation of my transport trailer or the ladder so that I can load it and put the ladder down. Even though the side entrance is not ideal, it is better for the operators that are using the cradle system for transporting their sprayers. As for deeres front mount ladder, perhaps they should come up with a better fail safe system to retract the ladder than the faulty seat switch that has caused two of the custom applicators around here to rip their ladders off when loading the sprayer onto the trailer. In a gator there is no way to forget your ladder because it is will not retract untill the park brake is released and will not go down untill it is applied,
pfsl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #23 (permalink)

dont know if you were talking about me or not harsh, but i wasnt tryin to bash your gator. i have always thot that they were the ones that kinda pioneered the sprayer thing and thot they built a nice machine. just havent had a chance to run one yet. maybe can get a demo worked out on one of these new machines. do they offer a stainless inductor on these machines?
dragoguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

Im sure they do...and yeah they did..the 854's were what everyone was trying to beat back in the 90's... d**n good machines..

nice to see them changing some things....
casefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #25 (permalink)

i think they need a little more railing, holy crap.. they could almsot forget the windows on the left side of the cab anymore
caseih9280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #26 (permalink)

i hope they don't go narrow like case does.. they do that on the case for transport..but then they hauled mine to the farm and didn't even use that... so there's no reason at all to narrow that down any on the case machines... make it wider that way us guys can fit threw there easier...
casefarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #27 (permalink)

It doesn't look to me that the railing is much different than the deeres. I guess railing is better than the alternative and falling off and breaking you neck. My old 1064 did not have railing alongside the tank at all and there was a few times I just about fell off, so railing is was a welcome change on my 1286. There is railing on the 1286 in the same view field as the new sprayers and I don't even know its there when I'm spraying so I don't think it's going to be a problem.
pfsl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #28 (permalink)

i like the platform that runs down the whole side of machine as well as front ladder
psfl there is a sprayer out there with a back ladder. i bet it would craddle well
Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 05:38 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 4710driver

They still haven't done the upgrade that should have happen years ago and that is to remedy the wheel motor failure issue. This many years of building machines and they still blow wheel motors and replace seals. Two 1074's had multiple seals replaced, 1-874 replaced seals,the 864 chucked its second wheel motor in 3 years. The 864 is the same age as the 4710 Deeres and same hours no ploblem with the Deeres.
4710driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #30 (permalink)

The wheel motor issue has been fixed and if yours wasn't updated you may want to call your dealer and see if you can get it done. The issue has to do with how the hydrostats send oil to the motors, all 4 wheels evenly.
What brand of wheel motors and hydrostats does Deere use? AgChem has gone to Sauer Danfoss Hydrostats and Sampo wheel motors.

As far as the chemical eductor, there is a stainless option that we always order on our machines because we think the plastic one is cheesy too.
harsh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.