The Combine Forum banner

4720 John Deere sprayers

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jm4440 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a used (600 - 1000 hour) unit. What options , features are a must, and what to look for as far as wear points . Also features not liked .All help appreciated

#2 ·
You want the 3 inch fill, stainless steel tank, onboard air system. If you don't need an inductor that makes the machine alot cleaner and easier to work around, I don't like fenders, my 4710 does not have them the other one does, they will hit your ladder if its down when you turn. I don't have the deluxe tank cleaning ball, just the 2 upside down tea saucers they work fine. Deere has a fancey fence row nozzel that they like you to get and I agreewith the reasoning, maybe yours will work. Rock the machine back and forth with the hydro and listen for creeking or crunching,that means the axel shims need to be tightened,you'll do that about every 150 hrs,not a bad job their are a few tricks,don't know if those are in the 20 book,they're not in the 10 book. I guess just unfold the boom and make sure it's straight,check all the pivots,make sure they have been greased as indicated,the worst ones will be the chrome balls that the main boom pivots on to fold,if they're not taking grease you don't have to tear them down,there are things you can do to fix this without extreams.
At 1000 hrs their shouldn't be anything wrong unless it was beat.

#3 ·
i would want autosteer, stainless steel plumbing on boom, and 2 flowmeters for 32% over top of corn and wheat. if you do that. the shims need to be updated to the new poly if has hyd tread. if doesn't has hyd. tread than tighten all way down so can't move. i would want it for hills though. weights on front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.