The Combine Forum banner

New Holland/ Miller Sprayers

10K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Mick jackson 
#1 ·
Just wondering who out there runs new Holland rear boom sprayers and what they think about them. Thanks

#4 ·
We have had some issues with our Condor A40, mostly with welds that didnt have any penetration and just peeled away over time, lost a wheel three or four years ago and piled up the diff this spring. When it works, it works good, when it doesn't it's a headache. One really nice thing is you can source many parts with versatile dealers if your New Holland/Miller dealer cant get you parts when you need them.

#7 ·
The chassis and I beleive the transmission is the same in versatile,new holland and miller cab is different New holland claims they redesigned the cab more comfortable and user friendly and quiet then what the miller used to be Sales guy told me so might just be their sales pitch more then anything I compared the dry weight to the 4940 the deere weighs 35,770 with 120 ft boom and the new holland 275r sits at 28,500 120 ft boom the biggest case IH is 28,900 120 ft boom. Now keep in mind that the 240 r has only 42 inch clearance where the 275r with the drop boxes has 49

#8 ·
Thanks for the info. As I understand they changed the cab on the 2014 models. Before that they have the jobber john deere cab's which are the same one's as the 9600 combines and I don't think there is to much wrong with them. My biggest issue so far is that the dealers seem to think that there worth **** near as much as a red or green one and I tried to tell them they should be comparing them to the apache's because that's there closest 2wd competition.

#10 ·
The 2014 274r I bought was quite a bit cheaper then the 4940 I looked at these units can be ordered with a front wheel assist Looked at that option too for an extra 24,000 but the rep said since there is 70% of the weight on the rear wheels the ones that actually propel the unit it's not worth the money so settled for two wheel drive with duals Also one doesn't have to add duals some put floaters on the back Reason I went duals is to drive onto a block throw the outside wheels off and away I go

#15 ·
ya resale is a fear of mine as well being that its only 2wd but for the price I got it compared to deere and case it might work out ok on that end what are guys doing that have a dual kit and they go spray fungicide or insecticide in high crop with that dual hub sticking out a foot 30 inches from the ground?

#16 ·
In my crops I dont think that hub sticking out makes any difference. I grow lentils, peas, barley and wheat
What model do you have?
I was told there are only a 3 or 4 new models sold in Canada, I think they are a really well built sprayer, I kinda hope they catch on a bit better than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.