Sprayer Trailer setup - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sprayer Trailer setup

We are getting ready to redo our 48' sprayer trailer setup since it looks like we will be keeping it. I was wondering if you all have any suggestions?

Our current setup has the 3200gal tank up front with three induction cones plumbed into the line going to the pump. All this is 2" but we are gonna go up to 3" since we bought a bigger sprayer. Also since our current trailer isn't big enough now to haul our new sprayer we are thinking of adding another 3200gal tank on the rear to carry more water or fertilizer.

Any ideas or suggestions plumbing or layout or whatever will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by harkie84; 04-12-2011 at 11:08 PM.
harkie84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Harkie, I will get some pictures of our sprayer trailer at work, it is setup similar to yours it sounds like and we just added a 2nd 3250 tank to the rear of ours since all our ground is within 5 miles of the farm.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Try to make the refill idiot proof. You may have all sorts of people running water for you while you are in the field, so make it easy to understand where to plug in and open only one valve to fill your water tank.

Are you running by yourself or do you have a man on the trailer prebatching?
weedkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Plan for everything. Have power from the truck to run a chem pump for totes. Only one tank fill location with valves to direct water. Have a port from the water pump to do a clean out of the chem pump. A garden hose never hurts to have attached also to be able spray things down. On our trailers we have pressure washers that use the tank water to be able to clean anythign and everythign off in either the feild or the ditch. One big tip I can give is to use manifold fittings instead of threaded ones. Sooo much easier to take apart if you have issues. As well as use bolt bulkheads in the tanks instead of the threaded type. They are sealed very well and you can make them as tight as you want and will never leak. Be able to shut off both tanks at the tank and at the end of the line. And be able to shut them off seperatly if you're hauling liquid fertilizer in one and water in the other.
timbruun is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Usually the sprayer and trailer are manned by the same person. Sometimes if one of us is free we will prebatch the next load. My father in law showed me pics of his trailer where he has a stainless steel batch tank. He'll pull one load on and then gets another load mixed up and ready. I like the idea but our little trailer doesn't have the room if we go with another bulk tank.

I had never thought of the pressure washer mounted on the trailer. That's something that will definitely happen this time around. We use the manifold fittings everywhere we can. Had the trailer freeze once when it got colder than expected and have been with the manifolds ever since. Now if it looks like it'll be even close to freezing, we just loosen the clamp and tie a flag on the cones so we remember to reconnect in the morning.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

I like the pressure washer idea, too I have no more room. Harkie if you want come over and look at my trailer. Have a fill for big tank on each side of trailer so if a tender truck is in field can hook up on and I can still get to pump, comes in real handy. Don't use cones just have shuttles and put a manifold with 4 inlets. Hook up meters from shuttles and just suck chemical out with pump, no more 12 volt pumps. 3 inch is a good move too.
bigs1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Hey all hers my spray truck we had the stainless vat made with 3 compartments so we can pre batch the loads and still keep product seperate. We can also load the rig with sulfate and such first and then other product the 3 compartments just venturi into the system seperatly. We fit 2 1000L (264gal) shuttles on the truck and all the rest goes on the trailer with the ute. The suction side of the pump is all 3" with a large filter with fine mesh as we dont run nozzle strainers it goes to 2" on delivery side it will fill 1000 gal in around 8 minutes. We have a water truck operator all the time so the loads are batched up ready to go.
Spray rig and truck 021.JPG

Spray rig and truck 019.JPG

Spray rig and truck 020.JPG
Nitro 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 11:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

bigs1 your manifold idea has me really interested, I'll have to come look as soon as I can.

honestly we need to just get a different trailer and start from scratch but gotta get rid of the current one first. like all the ideas so far, now i just have to decide what we can afford this go around and what to save up for the next phase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.