The Combine Forum banner

854 Rogator won't spray

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  farmguy202 
#1 ·
I have a 99 rogator with the pneumatic boom control tree. couple weeks ago one section stopped working to i just teed that section into another section on the boom tree and that fixed the problem (just turned my sprayer into a 4 section boom. yesterday i started blowing air our of the bottom of the tree assembly and now have very little to no boom controls (i assume i'm loosing to much pressure). i called agco and they say they no longer make those boom trees any more and don't have parts for them.

so is there any place to get aftermarket parts for this set up? or am i now forced to switch it all to electric?

If i go electric, again, where can i find a kit to do so and any ideas on cost for this?

thanks

#2 ·
Not too familiar with the system setup. Is it just an air actuated system (turning air system ON, will open up check valves), or an air-OFF system (turning air system ON will work against your boom pressure to close the nozzle body off).

Also, is it your controller that you figure would be the issue? Not sure where you might be having air pressure loss, but if it is something to do with the nozzle bodies, there are likely replacement parts for at least that.

Or am I thinking of a totally different system than you have?

#4 · (Edited)
The RoGator 854 used the electric signal from the controller to operate electric-over-air valves at the rear (just behind the solution tank - rear/RH corner of the main chassis). The air then opened/closed an air-over-solution valve out on the boom for each section.

Is your air pressure up to snuff? Maybe a bad governor if not, I guess what I would first check is weather or not there is good air flow to the manifold itself, maybe there is a plugged line and if that seems fine I would also turn the valves on one at a time to check for one or some valves leaking air, if one is leaking bad enough it could easily cause the rest to not work

Does your machine have an air drier? Maybe wouldn't hurt to replace the filter, if you don't and you continue to run the air valves I would recommend installing one.

Hope this helps, willing to bet it's something simple. I believe they still have the valve actuators, it's very possible they could be corroded and leaking
Does the sprayer have a foam marker? On our 854, the one-way valve that was to prevent foam from getting back into the air tank would go bad from time to time and eventually fill the air system with foam. Eventually, we put a manual shut off valve on the air line between the pressure regulator and the foam tank. Then closed it whenever we shut down the sprayer.

That foam getting into the air system caused many failures on the air boom tree as well as in the boom mounted air/solution valves.

I would start with verifying that the air system is working correctly. Drain tanks, change dryer filter, verify system air pressure, etc. Then start replacing the electric/air sections that aren't working.

Andrew

#3 ·
Is your air pressure up to snuff? Maybe a bad governor if not, I guess what I would first check is weather or not there is good air flow to the manifold itself, maybe there is a plugged line and if that seems fine I would also turn the valves on one at a time to check for one or some valves leaking air, if one is leaking bad enough it could easily cause the rest to not work

Does your machine have an air drier? Maybe wouldn't hurt to replace the filter, if you don't and you continue to run the air valves I would recommend installing one.

Hope this helps, willing to bet it's something simple. I believe they still have the valve actuators, it's very possible they could be corroded and leaking

#5 ·
so i've got the problem fixed for now. i ended up taking the number 5 air valve off and then put a rubber seal in it to block air from entering the valve at all and then reinstalled the valve with that block in it. that stopped the air from blowing out of the exhaust port and made the other 4 valves work correctly again. now instead of 5 section boom control i just have 4. guess that will work for now, i guess at a later date i will order the new valve tree and fix it right, just didn't want to spend $1800 at this time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.