The Combine Forum banner

Turboteejet jets

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Duchek 
#1 ·
Anyone been using or have used them , guy at the spray shop says to stay away from them cause the really hard to clean , recons that bits of stuff that gets stuck in there and you carnt blow out even with air , just wondering if anyone else has this trouble?

#5 ·
Old man ran a set for a few years, well actually made him park his sprayer until he gets them changed

They are a rather coarse nozzel witch is great and all for drift but they cause a fair bit of leaf burn, when we sprayed in the same field together last year my brother and I believe there was actually a yield difference of about 3-4 bu vs my Hypro Deere nozzles.

#7 ·
We run the non AI twin turbo 06 and 08 and we may plug one a year using clean water. It is a non issue for us. They are a great nozzle for coverage and provide reasonable drift control at low psi. At less than $5 per nozzel just carry a few spares and throw them out if they are plugged. We run no filter screens at the nozzel as well.

#8 ·
Turbo Teejets are very good nozzles. Even better now that glyphosate is just a tank mix partner for grass. At 40 psi you get medium droplets for coverage. If you need larger droplets for drift control on the outside passes, just slow down and get the pressure between 20 and 30 psi.

If I could only have one nozzle, it would be #5 turbo teejets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.