2017 Fertilizer Prices - The Combine Forum

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
2017 Fertilizer Prices

CPS has finally come out with a price for NH3 this spring, $815/tonne + delivery. Is this a competitive quote? Last price I saw for urea was $437 which works out to 43.2 cents/lb, NH3 with delivery is 48.3 cents/lb, seems out of wack when we have always been told that NH3 is supposed to be the lowest cost for N. Makes me want to witch over to dry until you realize how many extra tonnes of fertilizer you will have to handle. Have already purchased all of my dry fertilizer blends so switching over this year to urea would be a pain but a extra $25,000 in my pocket next year would be a plus.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 01:28 PM

Location: NW of Don about an hr - by car. West Central Alberta.
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Guess the time to be comparing was last month when actually could put the stuff in the ground and price of urea vs price of nh3 was pretty much the same - $680ish vs $380. Would suspect now that price of urea you getting quoted means you have to take it and store it and this certainly comes at a cost. I believe fertilizer prices next Spring will be significantly higher due to fact that so little got put on this Fall. There could be all kinds of other reasons(mkt prices of fertilizer and/or crops, gouging, etc) that get given next Spring, but logistics still is major bottleneck. I am glad I have all mine in the ground. As bad as conditions were all Fall for harvesting we had very good ground/temp conditions for Fall fertilizer so losses should be tolerable.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
was quoted prebuy urea at 425 pick up in spring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Sasksodbuster.......How old is that price of $437 a ton?

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
November 29.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
prices sure went up for everything around $100,- bucks an urea,
bought our nh3 this fall at 610 a tonne, have our own tanks which saves with delivery as they can fill 4 at a time so they empy a semi in 1 shot which they say works better for them,
had 46-0-0 at 415 including storage, and bought our s15 during harvest at 570, it seemed that during harvest was the time to buy,
your price on nh3 is theft imo.
we got most of our fertilizer on this fall, it was a nightmare to get it done.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Wow, I better get on the ball with fert also. I paid under $300/ton US price when I was seeding winter wheat. It was low enough I feel bad mentioning how low it was. Feel good about buying it at that price. They may make up for it next year
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwickum View Post
Wow, I better get on the ball with fert also. I paid under $300/ton US price when I was seeding winter wheat. It was low enough I feel bad mentioning how low it was. Feel good about buying it at that price. They may make up for it next year
If that's NH3 that's a good price but just for reference $300 US short ton is about $440 Cdn MT at 0.75 exchange rate. The frustrating part for us Canadians is that your product may have come out of a Canadian plant.

R.J.(Bob) Evans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Got two quotes for nh3, $.475/lb and $.50/lb. Both full service with tank, east of Saskatoon, Sk.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-15-2016, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybigrigs View Post
Got two quotes for nh3, $.475/lb and $.50/lb. Both full service with tank, east of Saskatoon, Sk.

Me too Billy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page