11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 11:13 AM
CM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by s6704940 View Post
The first 4940's (2012's) had a more issues with hydro leaks . Some differnces between the 4930 and 4940 are 4940 has 15 more horse power which does'nt look like much but is very noticeable. Tier 4 engine with particulate filter which has been totaly problem free,no urea. Also a display on corner post above 2630 with lots of info a quick glance and frees up 2630 screen homepages. Different wheel motors and more corrosion resistant fittings on hydro hoses.Bigger storage box on side and no more boom section switches on side console they were moved to display which is no problem since section control is automatic. 4940 has 11 boom section and 4930 has 7. 4940 has better light on front grill and on side.Just a few differences that come to mind
I just bought a used (very clean) 2012 4940 (1700) hrs privately from a large farm. Similar pricing to the last RB sale in saskatoon. Took it to my JD dealer and they did a bunch of jd pips on it... new planetaries and all new hyd hoses going out to the wheels. Did the normal green light and had about 7000 worth of work on it... the odd leaky hose and a couple seals. Nothing major. Wanted to start fresh. So for what I paid I'm happy with how it turned out.. Coming from a 4730. about 1/3 the price of a new 4045R sprayer.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1875 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradw2 View Post
thanks for all the input so far.... most everything else on the farm is green already so likely headed that direction with the sprayer too.....
I was hoping to see a comment from Jason Hildebrand to see how his NH has been working for him, he's been pretty silent about it.

I hope it's working out for him and it's been a good experience

God Bless America
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
[QUOTE=SWFarmService;2704514]I was hoping to see a comment from Jason Hildebrand to see how his NH has been working for him, he's been pretty silent about it

x2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
If you pick up a 4930/4940 sprayer be sure to give me a call. +60 hp Ekotune works really well on these machines. 150-200 more acres sprayed per tank of fuel and more acres per day. The 9.0 L Deere engine works quite well close to 400hp. You'll find a lot of these sprayers with "chips" zip tied to the frame on the RH side of the engine. Your factory ECM is protected from the elements and is easily upgraded for less $ than a chip.

I've tuned an R4045 with a +50 hp tune with good results as well. There isn't as much room for a safe and reliable upgrade on 4830 machines with the 6.8 L engine. +30 hp is the tune we use on those machines. Feel free to compare a dyno proven Ekotune to the claims that the "chips" advertise. Often the upgrades they claim are too high and not safe for the engine or drivetrain.

The other nice thing about an Ekotune is that you get to pick the hp upgrade you want. You think +60 is too much and +40 hp suits you better we can accommodate that as well.

The Ekotuning dealer network has expanded to serve most of Western Canada now so we can visit your farm but we can also tune remotely if you're too far from a dealer.

89 W900 19ft CIM silage box
95 T800 N14 -36ft Lode King & SD53-3w/tails,Pillar 40-10, 120ft Sprayflex 1500,JF 1355, 05 Dodge w/TripleC HydraBed, 03 Dodge 2500 authorized Ekotuning dealer
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 436 Post(s)
If I get an Ekotune from you for my 4940, can I transfer it over to a 4045R after when I trade?

I'm not here to tip toe through the rose garden, I'm here to bulldoze through the bullshit.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:49 AM
CM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRToney View Post
If you pick up a 4930/4940 sprayer be sure to give me a call. +60 hp Ekotune works really well on these machines. 150-200 more acres sprayed per tank of fuel and more acres per day. The 9.0 L Deere engine works quite well close to 400hp. You'll find a lot of these sprayers with "chips" zip tied to the frame on the RH side of the engine. Your factory ECM is protected from the elements and is easily upgraded for less $ than a chip.

I've tuned an R4045 with a +50 hp tune with good results as well. There isn't as much room for a safe and reliable upgrade on 4830 machines with the 6.8 L engine. +30 hp is the tune we use on those machines. Feel free to compare a dyno proven Ekotune to the claims that the "chips" advertise. Often the upgrades they claim are too high and not safe for the engine or drivetrain.

The other nice thing about an Ekotune is that you get to pick the hp upgrade you want. You think +60 is too much and +40 hp suits you better we can accommodate that as well.

The Ekotuning dealer network has expanded to serve most of Western Canada now so we can visit your farm but we can also tune remotely if you're too far from a dealer.

What kind of price is a 60hp tune? Does it change the regen system at all?
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
An Ekotune is non-transferable to another machine. Duchek, Kevin Swart is your closest dealer. Get a hold of him to discuss your options.

CM where are you located?

On equipment that have a DPF it is very important for the ECM to see the amount of fuel delivered. Since an Ekotune doesn't fool the ECM and hide the amount of fuel delivered it allows the DPF to operate properly.

89 W900 19ft CIM silage box
95 T800 N14 -36ft Lode King & SD53-3w/tails,Pillar 40-10, 120ft Sprayflex 1500,JF 1355, 05 Dodge w/TripleC HydraBed, 03 Dodge 2500 authorized Ekotuning dealer
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-05-2017, 09:48 AM
CM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRToney View Post
An Ekotune is non-transferable to another machine. Duchek, Kevin Swart is your closest dealer. Get a hold of him to discuss your options.

CM where are you located?

On equipment that have a DPF it is very important for the ECM to see the amount of fuel delivered. Since an Ekotune doesn't fool the ECM and hide the amount of fuel delivered it allows the DPF to operate properly.
Near Edmonton
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-06-2017, 01:07 PM

Location: North of west palm beach FL and where you all want to visit
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I have run most of the Deere sprayers and now have a new Holland 365f and I will say I love the front booms 120 foot with 1600 gals is a great machine I can spray all day at 15 mph and you never need to look back and stayed a lot cleaner than I would have bet you but I think the technology is not where it should be compared to the Deere you pretty much needed to be on the line for the auto steer to take over but overall for corn I will take it over the Deere for late season application and this year I'm looking at doing about 31,000 Acres of spraying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page