Loading chemical from tote - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1650 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDealer View Post
Strongly considering adding sidekick to atleast one sprayer with the new dicamba products coming out. How many products will sidekick handle?
I am going to start switching it back and forth between paraquat and Gly since I am using them at two different times and the less I have to be in contact with that witch craft the better. LoL!

I only have one but I believe I can add 5 more to the system, will pretty much depend on how much room you have for additional tanks or tank size. I have been using the rince tank because it ain't good for anything else anyhow.

So far a really good investment and has paid for itself many times over. So nice having rate control at the touch of the screen for dirty patches and boundaries. Even found it super handy this year while putting fungicide on corn, ran into some dirty stuff that was early enough to get a kill, fired it up and it made it through the canopy.

I believe for Gly it's a great thing because it's not bound to the water for any period of time so it's not loosing it's quality. The other thing I found very nice is if something comes up and you got to drop Gly you can still have a full tank, rince booms and go. Like this fall, winter came and I had 3/4 tank on, nothing in it but water and conditioner.

God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
So sidekick doesnt have a specific tank?
Could i use the rinse tank and foam tank to hold products?

Also i have a afs pro 700 and a viper 4 rate controllers. Will sidekick work with the pro 700?

post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
What is a 3 way mixing tap?
Can i tee into suction line on inductor and pull chemical from tote
A three way mixing tap is getting harder to find these days, one exit plus it's able to blend from two ports at the same time. Ie 3ports can at least be partially open at once. It would be possible to tee into anything you like as long as you are happy with the accuracy of pulling straight from tote (I am not; surface area of tote is too large in my opinion for accurate measurements)
madsnake likes this.

Surely His goodness and mercy will pursue me all the days of my life.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Getting hard to find?
I googled it and all that shows up are kitchen sink faucets. Lol
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1650 Post(s)
Quote:
So sidekick doesnt have a specific tank?
Could i use the rinse tank and foam tank to hold products?

Also i have a afs pro 700 and a viper 4 rate controllers. Will sidekick work with the pro 700?
I believe it is supposed to work with the 700, they are ISO, maybe a bit of software?
They work on Deere systems

You can buy them with a 30? Gal tank (I opted out on the tank) or use whatever is available, that's why I used the rince tank. Didn't really take much plumbing then. And the 2" fill was already right next to my tank fill.

God Bless America
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Quote:
Getting hard to find?
I googled it and all that shows up are kitchen sink faucets. Lol
I have one sitting on a shuttle at home waiting to be fitted; it may be a few days till I get back but I could try and find a part number. It took a bit for my supply shop to find it last time. A company like Hardi might have one. My new one is plastic so it may last longer than the brass one that is there now. This will be tap number 3 for this unit.

I think the problem with the search is most people are looking for kitchen stuff not chemical so the search looks for the obvious choice.

Surely His goodness and mercy will pursue me all the days of my life.

Last edited by nig71; 01-02-2017 at 08:12 PM.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1265 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum, where are you from?

If you are running 2 sprayers off of a flatdeck trailer I presume you have a guy there to mix? If so I know of a product coming out later this month(I was in a focus group for it) that would be perfect for that situation. Not on their website yet but give these guys a call: PhiBer Manufacturing Inc.

It will fill your sprayer at 3" speed.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Great state of Louisiana

No guy mixing chemical. Haul sprayers on sprayer trailer and mix chemical on same trailer. All a one man show
Licensed to kill likes this.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 522 Post(s)
You can use a venturi setup like this Inductor - Spray Management Systems - Pattison to suck the chem while loading. I have the same basic setup but mounted right on the sprayer. With my setup, I pull chem at about 50 litres per minute which is only marginally faster than a soterra pump, but am told by others that with a 3" honda, you would pull chem at about 80 litres per minute or more with a 1" hose from tote to venturi. I use air drill hose so i can see through it.
nicemustang likes this.
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1265 Post(s)
Quote:
Great state of Louisiana

No guy mixing chemical. Haul sprayers on sprayer trailer and mix chemical on same trailer. All a one man show
Awesome, you should put that in your profile so we remember.

I am a one-man show too and often suck out of the top and bottom of totes, if the scale is not visible or accurate enough I measure and put a pen mark on it. The thing to pay attention to is that if you move the trailer the liquid in the tote may not be at the same spot as before and you need to re-measure.

Here is some pictures of my water trailer. Maybe you can see the suction valves in-between the pump and Handler, I have several hoses that I put on there to draw from barrels and totes on the deck. I am quite happy with it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Water trailer 2.jpg (411.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Water trailer.jpg (390.2 KB, 69 views)

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page