Loading chemical from tote - Page 3 - The Combine Forum

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Welcome to the forum, where are you from?

If you are running 2 sprayers off of a flatdeck trailer I presume you have a guy there to mix? If so I know of a product coming out later this month(I was in a focus group for it) that would be perfect for that situation. Not on their website yet but give these guys a call: PhiBer Manufacturing Inc.

It will fill your sprayer at 3" speed.
Any hint to what kind of a system this is? Where is it going to be made ?

Brent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1492 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
Any hint to what kind of a system this is? Where is it going to be made ?
In house I believe. They pre-load chem into scaled holding cones which you control from side of truck/trailer. They have been running one on their farm for a bit and are going into production. Had several of us farmers there to critique it and give some final refinements. If I had a water trailer guy I would get one for sure, and I may get one anyways.

They are going to be at Ag-Days in Brandon later this month.

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
[QUOTE=SWMan;2715338]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDealer View Post
Great state of Louisiana

No guy mixing chemical. Haul sprayers on sprayer trailer and mix chemical on same trailer. All a one man show
Awesome, you should put that in your profile so we remember.

I am a one-man show too and often suck out of the top and bottom of totes, if the scale is not visible or accurate enough I measure and put a pen mark on it. The thing to pay attention to is that if you move the trailer the liquid in the tote may not be at the same spot as before and you need to re-measure.

Here is some pictures of my water trailer. Maybe you can see the suction valves in-between the pump and Handler, I have several hoses that I put on there to draw from barrels and totes on the deck. I am quite happy with it.[/QUOTE

That seems like the trick for me. Do you habe problems with foaming somce i assume you start sucking chemicals when you're pumping water into sprayer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathDealer View Post
Do you habe problems with foaming somce i assume you start sucking chemicals when you're pumping water into sprayer?
Not usually unless air is being drawn into the system somewhere, there can be a quite bit of suction upstream of the pump. I find Liberty(Glufosinate) is the hardest to draw out of barrels and the worst for foaming, they put a stupid valve in there which slows things down too. If your fittings are sealed up tight you should be fine, I haven't used anti-foaming stuff in over 10 years.

All chem in totes goes in through the pump with the water, jugs are speared and rinsed in the Handler.

Orlando A. Battista
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Our main pump on our spray trailer is a Kholer engine with a 400 gal a minute hypro pump. On the suction line between the water tanks and pump we installed a T fitting and plumbed two inch and a half chemical hoses to T fitting. We put a shutoff vale on both ends of chemical hoses and also flowmeters on the end where we attach hoses to totes. When we want to pull chemical we just close the main 3 inch valve on the suction line from water tanks to pump slighty or a lot, and it creates suction on the T'd in chemical hoses and we just open valves at flowmeters till all chemical is in. The nice thing is that you can adjust the time it takes chemical to get sucked (by opening or closing main 3 inch valve on suction line) to match the time it takes to fill sprayer tank so then your chemicals are already mixed when you are done filling and you can start spraying right after filling, instead of sitting there a minute or two and agitate the sprayer tank. I can fill 1200 gallon tank with water and 100 lites of chemical in 4 minutes and be back to spraying again.
SWMan likes this.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
In house I believe. They pre-load chem into scaled holding cones which you control from side of truck/trailer. They have been running one on their farm for a bit and are going into production. Had several of us farmers there to critique it and give some final refinements. If I had a water trailer guy I would get one for sure, and I may get one anyways.

They are going to be at Ag-Days in Brandon later this month.
Ok, I believe that gentleman is a member here, can't remember his name though. He farms, his brother builds if i remember right. Maybe he will give us on here a early preview.

Brent.
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
A tote set on a set of scales is accurate. Specific gravity is easy to come by. You can suck with as big a pump as you want. Scales are the most accurate method for measuring quick

To get real fancy put scales on the sprayer. Seeding equipment gets scales, why not a sprayer?You would know gallons left , how much water put into tank etc
hondaman, adsinaus and Dak like this.

Last edited by stevie; 01-02-2017 at 10:50 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtjjl View Post
Ok, I believe that gentleman is a member here, can't remember his name though. He farms, his brother builds if i remember right. Maybe he will give us on here a early preview.
Correct. We are two weeks from the beginning of Ag-Days, I would think they are close to having a final product.

Orlando A. Battista
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Landon7174 is his name. He has pics of his trailer up on here. Search under his name and see what comes up.

Andrew

Last edited by Andrew_D; 01-02-2017 at 10:47 PM.
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
How fast of turn around are you guys looking for?
I use two Honda pumps, one that only has water go through it(a 3")the other(2") pumps the chem out of the tote into the handler for measurement and then back out and into the water stream into the sprayer. It is plumbed in after the 3", so I know there is never any chem in the clean pump. Using this method I can accomplish an 11 minute turn around, timed from when I stop the sprayer to when I am moving again. I really only go this fast when I am only using one product and not having to mix multiple. I've always been pretty happy with the speed I can fill, but have never asked what others shoot for and have wondered if putting an electric chem pump with a meter would be faster.
Major down fall of using a gas pump is I sometimes have foaming issues pulling out of barrels because I always get air mixed in. Merge is especially bad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page