The Combine Forum banner

Spra Coupe round tube booms

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hondaman 
#1 ·
I have a 4655 with the round tube books and 2 of the fibreglass tubes are broken/cracked. Has anyone replaced these with a different material? Looks like previous owner had a few encounters with a fence post or something similar.

#2 ·
I have a 4640 with the same booms. I wouldn't put any other material on there except for the fibreglass. If you use anything else it is likely much heavier than fibreglass and would weigh down the end of the boom. Also, for the next time that the boom hits something you'll be glad its fibreglass with a bit of give rather than steel. It's better the fibreglass breaks and takes some cushion rather than breaking the boom elsewhere. Just my 2 cents. The fibreglass pieces are expensive but I don't know of any parts that are cheap.

#3 ·
If mine were to fail I would consider exhaust tubing. I don't think that would add too much extra weight. Might have to tighten up boom springs a bit to compensate. I actually used a bit of exhaust tubing to extend the booms to allow for two more nozzles on each end, so spray width equals two of my seeding passes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.