John Deere vs. Case sprayers - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default John Deere vs. Case sprayers

I'm a commercial applicator and I've only ran deere sprayers. I've ran a 4920, 4720, 4930, and 4830. Today I learned that I'll be getting a Case IH 4430 with 120' booms and aim command in about 2 weeks. I was hoping someone who has ran both types could let me know some of the pluses and minuses they've noticed. We do have a case 4420 out our location but it has had bunch of problems since day one that they haven't gotten figured out yet that it's left me a little gunshy about Case sprayers which is sad to say after growing up with case equiment on the farm. Look forward to your replies!
JMR05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

I dont know about the case or deere, but i would recomend considering you drop your speed all the time due to those 120s. Well if you want them to last.
Who ever bought the sprayer your running, if the early case was a pile, why would the next one ne anydifferent.. i am not a fan of the aim command system, but i am sure you can spray without it.

When i was at our coop.. rhey ran them.. good weight balance. It takes some getting used to not neing able to see the tires anymore.

I would say, if its broke down.. first day, figure out how tp shut off the aim comand. But use it till it shits, you might like it, but its just for drift... which isnt that big of a deal with any machine.
8850jd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

i ran a 3330 last year hated the aim comand i would turn it off every time there will be guys on here that love it but for me i hated it i would think case put that sprayer in there for little cash to prove there sprayer do work better than the jd i know they are better balanced than the jd for sure
mark 1056 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Im on my third case and this is my second with aim command. It is an awesome system that I wouldn't spray without after having both. My current machine is a 2010 4420 with 120ft boom and this one has the pro 600 trimble setup. Quiet machine to run, very productive, and user friendly once you run it for a few days. It's the only red equipment on the farm but I wouldnt trade it for anything else I have seen yet
proskoj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 1056 View Post
i ran a 3330 last year hated the aim comand i would turn it off every time there will be guys on here that love it but for me i hated it i would think case put that sprayer in there for little cash to prove there sprayer do work better than the jd
You turned off AIM Command because....?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proskoj View Post
Im on my third case and this is my second with aim command. It is an awesome system Please explane furthe why is it an AWESOME system ?? that I wouldn't spray without after having both What systems have you run other than Case/aim what type of nozzle setups ?. My current machine is a 2010 4420 with 120ft boom and this one has the pro 600 trimble setup. Quiet machine to run, very productive, and user friendly once you run it for a few days. It's the only red equipment on the farm but I wouldnt trade it for anything else I have seen yet
Just a coupple of questions because i have looked at AIM/sharpshooter/pulsating nozzle controle and think it has a significant drawback ?
Nitro 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

This will be our fifth year running a 3320. It has been a great sprayer, my favorite piece of equipment on the farm. Over 1200 hours we have had to change a boom section ball valve and one nozzle solenoid. That is literally the only repairs we have ever made on it. Tested a deere and it was all right. I think it rode a bit smoother but really really didnt like the noisy cab and i found some of the controls to be needlessly complicated. My next sprayer will almost certainly be another case, although ive been begging the local nh dealer to bring a front boom over for a test. I really want to try one of those out
BillHilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

The case sprayer will be quieter because of the rear engine. Also they have better weight distribution than a Deere, you will notice it in softer ground.
KShawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default John Deere vs. Case sprayers

This is my 2 cents worth, i have only run trailled sprayers before our '08 4420 case with aim, cant speak highly enough of it, the aim system allows you to slow down or speed up during the same tank without losing pattern, rate per hectare etc, change pressure on the go for different droplet size without altering rate, drift control is great. I honestly havent had any problems with it, its been faultless. cab is quiet, well balanced, booms are strong, no cracking issues, i'm just praising the case sprayers & not bagging other colours, never used them so cant comment on them, the 4420 does everything that i expect it to so i will definitely buy another one, each to their own really. I recently saw in a magazine that the case was awarded best overall sprayer in the US
pooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
You turned off AIM Command because....?
i turned it off caz too much drift for mu like compared to the gator i run also the one feild i sprayed with aim on and with aim off the one with aim on didnt work the one with it off worked perffect im sorry just not a fan also if a wire gets hit off or falls off the nozzel dosnt work

if you hit a nozzel off atleast you can see it easy lol
mark 1056 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.