2 point semi hitch - The Combine Forum

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
2 point semi hitch

Would anyone in southern manitoba have one of these.

http://www.retrieverslt.com/th_features.html

OR something like it that a guy could use/rent?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think hepson has one but dont now if they rent it out

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
I'm setting up a customer's tri-axle tractor for his farm and the dealerships he owns. He wants one of these, too, and I'm going to have to have it brought up from the factory. Slick unit, that's for sure!

Service and repairs to all makes and sizes of heavy equipment. (403)556-2210
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1474 Post(s)
What is that thing worth? I was thinking about a pintle plate on a truck but this can be used on most any truck I would suspect?

AN ERROR DOESN"T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
That was exactly my first thought when I saw it, how much !. That sure looks like quite the deal though if its able to have the required strength for heavy towing and I presume it must.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 04:11 PM

Price tag starts at $7500USD. How many do you guys want me to order for you?
adsinaus likes this.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 577 Post(s)
IMO, any farm or commercial use truck should have some kind of a solid hitch or short skirt with one integrated into it. There's a reason why every oilfield winch tractor has one...its what you tie onto to pull it out when you are stuck or in a bind and really need to give a mean pull. Ever watch Dippy Davis and his tow trucks screwing around on the Coq and how many times they tried to tie onto the dolly legs or fifth wheel plate to pull the ass end of the truck onto the road?

Even my little 9100 Cornbinder tractor has a skirt on it, and that one even has a receiver type hitch as part of it too. Every body job, grain to gravel, from the one ton on up has a hitch.

Getting a hitch mounted will cost you a lot less than 7500, you'll get several for that many dollars, and the hitch is always there. Have one built right that bolts on, if you wanna swap trucks, swap the hitch.

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
We really should have a hitch for one of our highway tractors, instead we have hired a neighbor or a hauling contractor that has a truck rigged up the odd time we need something pulled. But to make one under built or crappily welded or not attached properly as I've seen a few photos online of crap hitches, that's worse then not having a hitch at all. Scary some of the garbage people have slapped together in their back yards and to think its pulling something down the road.
adsinaus likes this.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabuck View Post
IMO, any farm or commercial use truck should have some kind of a solid hitch or short skirt with one integrated into it. There's a reason why every oilfield winch tractor has one...its what you tie onto to pull it out when you are stuck or in a bind and really need to give a mean pull. Ever watch Dippy Davis and his tow trucks screwing around on the Coq and how many times they tried to tie onto the dolly legs or fifth wheel plate to pull the ass end of the truck onto the road?

Even my little 9100 Cornbinder tractor has a skirt on it, and that one even has a receiver type hitch as part of it too. Every body job, grain to gravel, from the one ton on up has a hitch.

Getting a hitch mounted will cost you a lot less than 7500, you'll get several for that many dollars, and the hitch is always there. Have one built right that bolts on, if you wanna swap trucks, swap the hitch.
I hear you, loud and clear. The trouble is, the hitch requirements were getting a little out of hand. First it was an apron with a pintle, then include a square receiver, then something to accommodate a big draw pin to pull ag equipment, and on and on. An apron with a pintle or receiver can't pull a Cat IV implement, can it? Purpose-built is great, but this way my customer gets a multi-purpose unit that can pull/tow/recover virtually anything in his farm fleet or dealership, deliver it to and from customers, etc. Couple that with an extra-long fifth wheel slide and he can pull tandem and tri-axle trailers, whatever and whenever.
adsinaus likes this.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 827 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabuck View Post
Ever watch Dippy Davis and his tow trucks screwing around on the Coq and how many times they tried to tie onto the dolly legs or fifth wheel plate to pull the ass end of the truck onto the road?
Not a Jamie Davis fan?

You should have been around the guy we used to have down here, watched him jack around 4 hours trying to winch a truck out of the ditch in the middle of the night, could tell he was paid by the hour...

It shocks me how many trucks rolling around have no place to hook onto simply, I pulled quite a few off a dirt road by my house (because my GPS told me to go this way) and have had to get somewhat creative at times.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page