Car Hauler Trailer - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Car Hauler Trailer

Looking for a car hauler trailer with 7000lb axles. Have looked at the PJ and Load Trail so far, what kind of quality are these trailers? What other brands of trailer would you recommend? I want to put a 1000 gal tank and chem handler on it to haul water to my sprayer with a 3/4 ton truck with bumper hitch.
sasksodbuster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

I just purchased a PJ trailer for the same use, i personally think the PJ is a bit better built then the load trail but not as well built as a precision but they're more money. Only had my PJ a week but like it so far i went with the 22ft.
sasky81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasky81 View Post
I just purchased a PJ trailer for the same use, i personally think the PJ is a bit better built then the load trail but not as well built as a precision but they're more money. Only had my PJ a week but like it so far i went with the 22ft.
Did you go for the car hauler or the deck above wheels? I was also looking at a 22' power tilt deck from PJ but not sure how much I would use the tilt. Thought that a car hauler being lower would be easier to use.
sasksodbuster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

We have a car hauler with fenders....if we bought again would buy deck over because it's a real pain if you want to load and unload stuff with forks on it (i.e.: seed, chem, etc) Being lower is nice for getting on and off but you could weld a little ladder on pretty easy.
skdmax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

I went witht the car hauler with the fenders cause of how easy it is to get on and off, i know its not as easy for putting things on with forks but the 22ft makes a little more space for that anyway
sasky81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdmax View Post
We have a car hauler with fenders....if we bought again would buy deck over because it's a real pain if you want to load and unload stuff with forks on it (i.e.: seed, chem, etc) Being lower is nice for getting on and off but you could weld a little ladder on pretty easy.
X2
My thoughts exactly.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

sasksodbuster,

I replied to your thread over on NewAgTalk as well. I have a 20' for sale if you are interested. More info in your thread over there.

Andrew
Andrew_D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2012, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

I haul daily with a PJ, well built trailers, but paint quality sucks - ours is a late '06, seen a few others that I can spot a mile away because of the rust. Other than that happy with ours, nothing exceptional but it's a generic trailer.

Bruce
Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Our PJ trailer works just fine. We routinely haul our 10,000lb skid steer often enough and nothing has broken or worn out in the last 6 years.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

I also had a car hauler with fenders in the way and it was a PITA for loading totes or anything else for that matter. The axles are not far enough back so the tank has to be mounted pretty much in the center of the deck which wastes space at one end. The only thing I did like about it was that you could hook up with another truck or tractor to move it around. I switched to a 26' gooseneck which distributes the weight better and has alot more deck space and I mounted a folding rv step on one side for accessibility. The only drawback is that I have to use my truck with the fifth wheel in it to move it around but it is also easier to hook up.
pursy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.