filling a bagger with an auger?? - The Combine Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default filling a bagger with an auger??

Does anyone here use a long spout on their swing-away and use it to fill a grain bagger? Thinking putting all my oat bags close to the yard this year and was wondering if this works good.
Mongoheadmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

We did it the first year we bagged just ended up putting 3 regular spouts together. It worked ok had the auger straight in front of the bagger. You could do a whole tandem load with out moving the auger but now they make longer spouts that you should be able to get more. The grain cart works the best.
lentilgrower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

We bag lot's of grain every year in the field with a grain cart. Ravens like to terrorize the oat bags and I plan on seeding lots of oats this year. So I'd like to put the bags where the dogs can chase.
Mongoheadmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

I think if you buy the really long spout it would work better. If you have enough people have the truck dump into the cart at the yard then fill fill the bags I think that would be easier as long as the trucks can get to the combine.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)

Used an auger for a couple years before the grain cart showed up. It worked good, but was a bit more temper mental than straight from the cart.. Made up a spout out of an old threshing machine discharge spout, and tied it up to the auger on the end of the flexible plastic spout. If you get a spout that extends and retracts it works best, as the length changes quite a bit between the start/end and when the auger is directly above the hopper. For moving the swing away ahead each time, tied a rope from the swing auger to the step on the tractor to pull the swing away each time we moved. Also put a rope and a weight between the auger and bagger tractor, and had it set so when you got far enough ahead for the next load, the weight came off the ground. I saw a video of someone using an auger with the auger steer on it, and drove the swing auger beside the bagger. Seemed to work good in the video. Good luck, your dogs will be busy chasing the ravens away!
blackdirtfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
das

There was a guy on the prairie farm report that builds real long spout used for this.
das is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Svensen Toboggan Co. Ltd.

This guy makes them. The last time we did it I used our batco conveyer with the long spout then I only had one tractor to worry about it worked well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.