The Combine Forum banner

Case 8010 vs Jd 9770 fuel consuption

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  SWFarmService 
#1 ·
I have a case 8010 with a 40 ft Dreaper. And a have a frien with a JD 9770 with 35 ft header. He says that his Jd is runnig faster and more economic that my case. Some pictures say it.
I need to renoval my combine this year, and need an advise about this.

#2 ·
Have you guys run in the same field all day long together? Then put fuel on at the end of the day and compared acres to gallons burned. Another question does he have any kinda chip or power booster on his that would skew the results? The 8010 would be comparable to a 9870 from my understanding and they are no fuel economy machines from everything I have heard. I know it is not exactly the same but I run a CR 970 with a 36' head which would be about equal to the 8010 same motor and such and my dad runs a 9750 with 35' head which would be close to the 9770. At the end of the day if everything is equal I can do about 20-25% more than him with fuel consumption being pretty close per acre.

#3 ·
not a JD fan by no means but an 8010 is a turd in my opinion. In fact I rented a 9600 and ran it with my father in law and his brother with 8010s back in like 09-10, I had a 930f with air reel in beans in tough wet conditions, they had 35 macdon flex drapers and I could run 2 hrs longer when the sun went down and at the end of the day I was cutting a few more acres, probably cause I didn't have to scoop dirt out of my center canvas ever plus when we changed fields that 9600 didnt ask no questions, I just hit the switches and the old girl cut

I have souped up 1480s that will make an 8010 look like a childs toy.

That combine was a huge step backwards in my opinion, the combines they were building on the 1480 chassis needed updating but very disappointing to me, there is good reason that a 2588s will hold better resale from the same years

The cr combine has a far better thrashing system, I could still care less about the cleaning system tho

sorry about my negativity, just my opinions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.