The Combine Forum banner

For any one interested in what is grown in the Swan River Valley!

6K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  chance2 
#1 · (Edited)
The first three are a panorama from the east end of Thunder hill starting at NE E and SE and the last is from the top of the hill facing south . wow didn't proof read the heading and now I find that is something that can't be changed lol

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
:):):)
Swan River Valley=Canola, cattle, and good lookin fun women.

My wife's family is from Swan. Her grandfather managed the Manitoba pool elevator there through the 70s and 80s. He was already elderly when I was in the picture but me and him took many a road trip around the country there looking at crops and visiting old buddies to get him out of the condo.

Do you know who I mean Ebear?

#12 ·
My wife's family is from Swan.
Mine too, can see the farm in the pictures. I see they have another nice crop coming(sometimes it sounds a bit lousy over the phone :rolleyes:).

I'll bet that area could grow great crops of all kinds but everybody there seems infatuated with canola for some reason. Kind of funny because they seemed to love wheat when the wheat board was stealing it from them. Maybe this imbalance have something to do with a serious lack of good elevators nearby and a big crushing plant at Yorkton?

90 day soybeans on the way will probably save their bacon when it hits the fan...

Reactions: chance2
#8 ·
Yes Don we got going early and have had close to premium conditions a little isolated hail and quite a big cutworm infestation which was the re seed for those who didn't catch them quick enough , and actually those pictures were taken a week ago

#22 ·
My dad built that elevator, they never built a concrete elevator before and when he took me up there to look at it when I was a kid you could see the mistakes they made when they started pouring the cement in the slip form. There was still the hole in the one partion between two bins inside that wasn't able to be fixed 40 years later. They built 100+ wooden elevators and built this one the same just made of concrete.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.